Chapter 17

The Soulpadres felt that they were at a dead end and glued their backs to the wall, they could hear the man's footsteps were getting nearer while Perdita and Lexi could only watch and hoped that they got out of there alive.

Perfida somehow held her hand by the roughness of the wall until there was this one particular spot that she pressed it, she looked at it to see what it was but all of a sudden, they heard rumbling noises and out came stone steps, "what the heck?" March was surprised to see it. "Where did that come from?"

"I'm... I'm not sure," Perfida mumbled as she turned back to the wall, although she could that she was do one that made that happened, she just didn't see how she did it.

Out of the blue, the man fired a laser at them yet it missed them. "Let's worry about that later," Vance gulped. "Let's get out of here fast."

March gace Leyo a lift on his back, Perfida and Vance quickly climbed up the stairs and got out from that hole. The other two followed, there were almost at the top however the steps were starting to insert itself back to the wall.

"Oh no March, hurry!" Perfida whimpered.

March and Leyo finally got to the last step with the help of Perfida and Vance giving them a hand. Vance took his bag that he left earlier and they all bolted. When they got back to the bonfire, the kids turned around to see if the thug chased them. "I think we lost them," Vance panted since he and the others were exhausted.

"Yup," Leyo replied. "Seems like it."

"I think we have enough.... excitement for today, don't you think?" Perfida asked them.

"Yeah," the boys agreed by nodding their heads, they all felt so scared from that crazy and dangerous encounter.

"Let's walk back to town," Vance suggested.

On the way back, Perfida showed March and Leyo the pictures of the hidden city they discovered as she and Vance explained to them what else they saw. "That's so stellar," March commented he was amazed to see it even if it.

"Yeah, until we saw dead people statue and got ourselves in utter danger," Perfida scoffed.

"There's that but still... it's looks incredible."

"You know we would've gotten out of that hole in the first place if we knew that there was this hidden steps coming out of it," Vance said. "How did that happened anyway?"

"I'm not sure," Perfida stammered.

"The important part is that we made it out alive," March pointed out.

"Yeah, too bad we didn't find any Wagan spirit."

"True but that's okay, at least we kinda discovered that there's a hidden city underneath the forest," Vance reminded.

"Yup," Perfida nodded. "I wonder what those men were doing down there?"

"Let's not think about it, it's one of those things that we should not see. We escaped safe and sound, let's move on from that and keep it to ourselves."

"Our lips are sealed," Perfida, March and Leyo said in unison.

"Good, not a word about what we did..."

"What did you guys do?" someone spoke to them.

"AAAAHHH!!!" the Soulpadres screamed, they were startled that there was a person stood in front of them, actually two.

"Gussie? Koru?" Perfida choked.

"Oh! thank goodness that you're all okay," Gussie sighed in relief.

"Hi! guys..." Koru awkwardly greeted.