Chapter 2

The next day, the soulpadres and their family were in Ares City airport to bid their kids farewell for their vacation "Vinny, please, just talk to him, he's gonna miss you," Vance's mother, Esme, pleaded to her son with a pout. "For me."

"Fine," Vance gave in to his mother's request then looked at the baby piglet she was cradling. "I'll be back, Tina, don't be sad, okay?"

"Ahem..."

"Mom," Vance whined.

"Son, just... get it over with," his father, Montgomery, told him.

"Okay, dad," Vance then gave the baby kid a raspberry kiss.

"Thanks, Vinny," Esme was happy that his son did what she asked for.

"I'm gonna miss you too, mom, dad," Vance hugged his parents.

"Sissy boy," March's dad, Commander Mason Mills, snickered to Archie who did not share his humour toward how he thinks of Vance and his family. Like his son, he was tall, taller than March, brown hair with some greys somewhere in it, thick and buff wearing his military coat uniform. "Can't believe my son is rubbing elbows with this kid."

The twins and March listened to how Mason talked crap about his friend, probably he meant to hear it, he may have gotten his heart trumped by Vance but he was still his best friend, Perfida bit her tongue because she was afraid to confront him and Perdita pitied him a bit. "Let him be, Commander, he's still a good kid," Archie said to Mason.

"Right," Mason then turned to his son. "Have fun, Marcus. And stay out of trouble."

"Yes, sir," March replied, Marcus was his real name, March was what his friends called him secretly at most.

Leyo hugged his mother, Laya, a teal furred Livo, and his three young sibling that looked like turquoise pekingese puppies with long arms "Leyo, remember to comb off the sands in your hair before leaving the beach," she reminded.

"Yes, mother," Leyo said.

"Attention, passengers, flight for Thoto will be boarding soon in ten minutes," they heard intercom announcer said.

"Let's go, kids," Archie told them.

The Soulpadres, Archie, Bryce, and their dog, Harrison, walked inside the airport. Eventually, they got in the airplane, AresAir, a supersonic windowless plane, the exterior were lined with tiny cameras and the interiors will have a massive high definition screens of the outside world.

Since it was a five hour flight, the seat were table seating style, Archie, Bryce and Harrison sat together in one aisle across the Soulpadre, Perfida and Leyo sat the first two seats together which meant March was stuck with Vance, Perdita enjoyed watching this little scene between them.

"Uhm... Perfida, can we switch?" March asked her.

Perfida gave him a subtle glare and March signalled her to just switch with him "sure, I don't mind," she stood up and sat next to Vance while March was with Leyo.

Perdita was satified to see that so she decided to go all Curious Joe and explore around the plane "hmm... where to start?" she asked herself as she began roaming around. She saw passengers after passengers just relaxing in their seats then straight ahead, she saw a stewardess heading to a curtain doorway. Perdita went inside and saw a steward making an alcoholic drink, the other was preparing a meal, it entertained her that made her stay there for a while.

During the flight, taking selfie here and there to post on SnapGram at first and after that, the kids just chill for the time being, Perfida was doodling in her sketch journal, Leyo was asleep, Archie was reading his Kindle with a drink in his hand with Harrison resting his head on his lap while Bryce was playing games in his tablet. March couldn't help but watch Vance chatting with his boyfriend and he was simpering so he stood up "I'll just go to the bathroom," he said to them then head there.