Chapter 9

Gussie finished eating, he enjoyed his meal but his face was closed book that the staff watched him with concern that he might not like his food. He was staring at the empty plates for several minutes since he ate.

"Uhm... Sir?" a manager interrupted his daydream but Gussie didn't seem to be bothered. "How's the food?"

"It's good, really delicious," Gussie answered.

"Glad you like it. Anyway, the owners couldn't come today."

"That's too bad, when can I see them?"

"We don't know, they rarely come here since they lost their daughter."

"From the Wagans?" Gussie gulped.

"Oh! no, they lost her from a terrible sickness," the manager replied. "This place was named after her and then they lost their passion too so I guess this is why they're selling it."

"I know how that feels". Something about the place made him remember Lexi, how she used to cook for him and told him that she wanted to open her own restaurant.

Later at night, Perfida was by the patio again alone with Perdita, watching the Phorions flying around the island while they waited then suddenly, Lexi appeared behind them.

"Okay, you got my attention," Perfida said as she turned to her.

"Took you long enough," Lexi chuckled.

"Sorry, I have this gift for a while but I'm still learning."

"So is it true that your boyfriend left you in the forbidden forest?" Perdita questioned Lexi in her mischievious and blunt tone.

"Purdy," Perfida groaned to her sister to stop, Lexi tried not to look affected.

"Where'd you meet him? 'Jackass Dating App'? Because you sure know how to pick'em."

"Purdy, enough. She already knows that her boyfriend is mediocre."

"He's not mediocre," Lexi snapped at them.

"He can't even apologize to my sister," Perdita reminded her. "Bumping into each other was one thing but calling her a bitch right after?"

"He's not always like that."

"He's not always like that?" Perdita laughed. "I guess you're here because he's not a very good boyfriend, huh?"

"You watch what you're saying," Lexi pointed a finger to Perdita's face.

"Okay, stop it!" Perfida told the two ghost girls. "Lexi, right? Don't mind my sister, she can be very blunt but she means well."

"Are you two really this tactless?" Lexi starting to feel annoyed at the no-filter twins. "You honestly think I'm gonna understand that?"

"Why not? since you expect us to understand your blockhead boyfriend," Perfida giggled. "What do you want from us anyway?"

"Please, help Gussie," Lexi begged.

"How?"

"Yeah, he barely is much help to himself," Perdita added, Perfida frowned that her sister said something crude once again.

"Everyone points their fingers at Gussie for my death," Lexi explained.

"Why does people make it sound that you died because of him?"

"The night I died two years ago, we went to a bonfire party with all the other kids from college, I had to go home because my dad kept calling me and my only ride that time was Gussie but he was drunk."

"Pfftt... boyfriend of the year," Perdita giggled making fun of Lexi's chosen suitor.

"Purdy..." Perfida called her out.