Chapter 19

We finally arrived after 3 hours,

" A tree? " He says with laughter.

I roll my eyes and knock the tree to reveal the elevator, he gasps, he walks in and I close the door.

"I've been here before but I don't remember" he says, my eyes widened.. So it was true..  When the door finally opens we walk out, Asher runs out and immediately hugs me,

"I thought you died!!" He says, looking at me.

" Woah dramatic much " I say laughing. He looks back at me

" Who did you bring?" He says, I pull out Jack and the expression on their faces was intense.

They both gasp.

"Jackson.." He says running to him and giving him a hug, Jack immediately pushes him off.

"DON'T GIVE ME A HUG DUMBASS" He says

" I still haven't forgiven you!" He says rolling his eyes and walking away to his room. He slams the door, it's just Asher and I.

It got awkward fast.

"Why did you bring him?" He says, looking away.

" We had an encounter with Aura and she took my potion to make my wings grow."  I say walking up to him.

" Please.. Help us.." I say begging.

He sighs and agrees, I smile and jump into his arms. He hugs me.

" Now, explain to me about Jack." I tell him while throwing him on the couch.

" Well, a couple years ago our family died in a war, the war of creatures and monsters. I took Jack and Aura in since I was the oldest, we were living a happy life until Aura went bad. We had the biggest argument in the world and it broke the family, she wanted something from you but I was protecting you. She was a mistake in this family but I love her because she's my twin. Jack fell apart, losing his sister and blamed it on me. I work for Aura because if not she'll kill you. " he says, I grab his hand.

'' Thank you."  I say, I get up and walk towards Jack's room. I knock and he instantly opens the door and pulls me in.

" Don't believe what he says, he's working with Aura please don't trust him. " He says, looking me in the eyes.

" I won't? " I said, I was lying.

" As Long as I'm here. No one will hurt you." He says hugging me. I felt bad, he cared about me.

I smile and let go.

" Come here." I pull him towards the door, I walk out and walk towards Asher.

" Here is the address to my castle. Come anytime, we need you in our team. " I told him.

Jack is already in the elevator waiting for me.

" Thank you Joy, here is the address to Aura's place. If you want it." He says passing me a piece of paper. I grab it and thank him.

I walk into the elevator beside Jack and we head down. He rolls his eyes.

"Oh c'mon don't give me that face." I tell him, he rolls his eyes and walks out as we open the door. I chased him and stopped him.

" What is up with you, he did  nothing wrong. All he did was take you under his wing, it's Aura's fault. " I say, he stops me and throws me against a tree.

'' IT'S NOT AURA'S FAULT FOR FUCK SAKE. " He says, he lets go and takes a breath.

" Look, I loved Asher as he took me under his wing, but Asher and Aura ruined my life. I was always in third place, Aura was always first place and asher was second. He always wanted to be like her and was always jealous of her, he was always in second place but because of her leaving. He went first.. I will always live in his shadow like he did to her'' He says looking sad, I honestly felt bad.

I gave him a hug and told him we should camp out for one night, he agreed and I called down a bird to bring a message to Luke that we will camp for the night. As the bird flew away I turned back to Jack to see he set up a whole campsite

" Woah.." I say..

" Yeah, I had practice in my old li- I mean when I was younger" he says starting to sweat, How weird.. I ignored it and ran to a tent, it felt magical. I never went camping in an actual tent before I sat in my sleeping bag and fell asleep.

It was nice and peaceful until I woke up in the middle of the night to this massive bang, I ran out the tent to see everything knocked over, I ran towards Jack's tent and he wasn't there. I freak out, I turn around to see a tree with a blue and green mark, those were his colours. I had to follow it.

As I run to it in the forest, jumping over logs, running across streams, I run out of breath. As I take deep breaths I sit down until a rock rolled to my foot, I found that weird since I Was in the middle of the forest, I grab it and turn out the direction it rolled to see another one roll out of the bush, how weird, I grab it and pass the bush to reveal a cave. Rocks kept rolling out to my feet, weird. I grab them and keep slowly directing to the cave. I can't use my powers so I was in darkness, I heard talking so I quickly ran in the corner. A group of black guards walked out and It was my chance.

I sneak it to see Jack in a cage rolling rocks outside. His eyes widened as he saw my face. I smiled and ran to him.

" Thank you so much, I knew I could count on you" He whispered. I smile and try to set him free, It has a magical barrier, weird.

I heard people walking back so I had to leave him. I hid behind a wall of rocks. As I saw his expression light up, I heard a voice. As I held my breath I saw a person with a black hood walk up to him.

" Is this the guy?" they ask.

" Yes, yes it is, boss. " The guard says in a monotone voice. The pillar of rocks dropped down a rock and as it hit the ground I gasped. I knew I was screwed, I found an exit so I started to speed run through the halls to hopefully lose them. As I run I reach this split corner. I always trusted my gut but I went with my brain, I turned left.. That was the worst Idea I could ever do..

The rocks started to rumble down, I was left alone ready to die. I started to freak out the more I realized that Jack was left behind, is he safe? I ask. As I couched in the middle of the hall ready to accept my faith I felt this body jump on me, they grabbed me and crouched me over a corner and covered my head, they were protecting me..

" Now I have you in my space. I won't let go of you. I promise " Jack says, as He finished the sentence this beautiful Gold light surrounded us, it was a shield.. I look up and I see Jack smiling.

" YOU'RE WINGS " He says, I had my wings back, I smiled.

" HOLD ON" He says, grabbing onto me, the shield for bright as it launches rock's off. We finally made it out.. We get launched and land on a tree. I wake up to see Jack slowly waking up too.

"Joy.. your wings are gone." he says, I freak out as I touch my back hoping for him to be lying. He was telling the truth.. I start to cry, he instantly runs towards me and tells me something.

"I studied you for years, your past, future and history. I'm invested in your life, I always was. I learned that when you lose your wings and in a time of danger, if you trust the people with you with your life you get your wings to get you out of danger to help you. You trusted me when I told you I promise to hold you and help you through danger at all costs. As Long as you're royal, you'll survive no matter what."  He says.

" Follow me, let's clean up in the river. We're far from home.