lv. Closure

Louis

My eyes opened to the bright light of the sun, and immediately I felt something was different. Most of my friends and Minerva stood above me. Their eyes were wide as they stared at me and helped me up slowly, my head pounding and my brain feeling like a bowling ball rolling around inside my skull.

I winced as I stood up, eyes closing before opening again to see Imani staring at me like I was an alien who just landed on earth.

"W-what?" I grumbled, Imani still in wonder rather than our usual bickering annoyance.

"How did she..." She started, but never finished. I reached to rub my eyes with my hands, but a shocking sight made me freeze.

Golden swirls and designs shimmered on my arms, matching Mira's exactly. My skin was covered in gold runes, from my neck all the way down to my feet. But that didn't make sense, why would Mira's runes be on me?

"Where's Mira?" I asked, but my voice got stuck in my throat when I saw her lifeless body laying a few feet away, the runes no longer shimmering and sparkling like they used to. My eyes widened in fear, and I swore I thought my heart stopped for a second.

I felt like my whole world had shattered until a voice rang out in my head.

Louis! I'm here, it's me!

Wait...what?

It's me, Mira! I'm fine!

At the sound of her voice I felt immense relief wash over me...and then confusion took its place.

What are you doing in my head? How did you even get in here?

Um...I think I jumped? I don't really know exactly.

When I felt steady enough, I hurried over to the window pane, seeing a small glance of my reflection. My jaw dropped at what I saw, and I could hear Mira's amazed gasp crystal clear.

Instead of seeing my face in the glass, I saw Mira's. Her eyes weren't blue anymore, instead being replaced by a molten golden color. They matched the runes perfectly, and seemed to glow just a bit. Both of our hair was moving as if a breeze was blowing through the room, but other than that we looked the same. That didn't necessarily mean we felt the same, though.

What's happening? Mira asked, but I couldn't answer her. I had no idea what was going on at all.

I held my breath as my hand reached out to touch the glass, Mira's hand mirroring it and pressing against my own from the reflection of the glass. It was hard to explain, but I could feel something powerful within me. I could sense Mira, feel her soul inside my body. I could sense her like electricity in my veins, feel her strength in my muscles, sense her mind right next to mine. We were one person now, our talents combining to build off of one another.

Let me try something...

I couldn't help the smile on my face as I watched my hand pressed against the glass slowly turn invisible. I raised my other hand, making tiny electrical sparks between my fingers, impressed that we could use our talents at the same time.

No way, how is this possible?

I have no idea, I smiled brightly. But it's cool, isn't it?

Mira's expression in the mirror changed from one of amazement and awe to one of fear.

But wait... She suddenly thought hard about something. If I'm in your head...where's Allister?

I looked around the room as I realized Mira's terrible uncle wasn't in my head anymore. Mira must have kicked him out whenever her soul came in, which meant Allister was still here somewhere. We had to stop him before he hurt someone else. We had to stop him once and for all.