xliii. Shared

When the sun set and the moon made her way up into the night sky, Louis had told me he had one more place to show me in the Rift. His eyes were bright and sparkling as he had rubbed our noses together in an Eskimo kiss before he had lead the way.

We had gotten into one of the telebuses, riding to a stop near the Sanctuary of Spirits, which happened to be what looked like a huge gated apartment complex. Louis had taken my hand and thanked the telekinetic bus driver, handing him a few blue Luxien dollars before helping me off.

My eyes took in the huge building, the golden gate seeming intimidating. Louis had held my hand and led me up the steps towards the gates, pressing his thumb to a computer sensor in the wall. The gates opened easily when the computer recognized his fingerprint, Louis telling me I would need to get my thumbprint in the computer system.

I was led up more steps to the fancy apartments, my eyes taking in a swimming pool and garden around the yard. Louis held the apartment door open for me, making me smile. Once I stepped into the doors, I was surprised to hear Niall and Liam arguing over something in what must have been the apartment recreation room.

"You cheated! That's not fair, Ni!" Liam bellowed, Niall's laughter the only thing being heard as I stepped closer to them. They were sat on a huge couch, game controllers in hand and eyes focused on some sort of football video game on a huge flat screen television. Bags of chips and junk food wrappers were scattered around the floor, along with some empty beer bottles.

"Don't be a sore loser, Liam. Kaguya already said she saw Niall winning." Imani had laughed from where she was lounging next to Liam, a half-empty beer bottle in her hand. Her eyes flickered up to Louis and I when she heard the door close, a bright smile on her face as she got up from the couch.

"Mira! Lou-Lou told us you were here. My lesbian lover, I've been waiting for you." Imani winked at me as she walked over to us, slinging her arm over my shoulders. I caught the heavy smell of alcohol on her, so this couldn't have been her first drink. Deciding to play along, I put both of my hands on her cheeks and stared into her glassy eyes.

"Imani, my darling, I'm sorry to leave you waiting." I cooed to my drunken friend, who pouted, sticking her plump bottom lip out at me. "But I'm here now, my love."

"I'll be waiting for you in my bed, my sexy kitten." Imani winked before bursting out into laughter and nearly dropping her beer. I had only rolled my eyes and helped Imani back onto the couch with her shaky legs. She couldn't stop laughing even when I had sat her back on the couch, her hands gripping my jacket collar and her lips planting a sloppy kiss on my cheek before continuing her delirious laughter.

My hand had wiped away her slobbery kiss, Imani's laughter still going strong.

"Are you jealous yet, Lou-Lou?" Imani poked fun at Louis, who had rolled his eyes before taking my hand again and tugging me towards the elevator.

The button for the top floor was pressed once we entered, my head leaning against Louis' shoulder and my hand holding his tightly. Once the doors opened, I was tugged down the short hallway. Louis' floor looked like the inside of a fancy hotel, a single door to the right our destination. I noticed my luggage was placed next to the door, Louis telling me he had Liam bring them up while we visited Minerva. Louis pulled a key out of his pocket, unlocking the door with ease. He hesitated to open it, tucking the key back in his pocket and turning to me.

"Close your eyes, I want it to be a surprise." He told me. I closed my eyes, covering them with my hands so Louis wouldn't think I was peeking. I heard the door opening, Louis' hands on my back gently urging me forward into his apartment. I stood there for a bit while I heard Louis close and lock the door, giggling when I felt him return to my side and kiss my cheek.