xxix. Legends

I still hadn't quite recovered from the news about my health the next day, my tears having lasted a while until my nurse who told me she was to be called Nurse Abby had to insert an IV into my hand for my medicines to get the fluid out of my lungs. Dad was currently out buying himself some snacks and a few magazines to keep himself occupied, leaving me all alone.

However, my day did brighten up when I saw an unexpected visitor lingering in my doorway with a bundle of bright yellow flowers in his hand, green eyes bright as ever, and long hair pushed over to one side. He looked like a male model with a printed shirt, dark skinny jeans, and boots, quite the difference from his soccer attire. My eyes had widened, and while I wasn't sure if he saw my smile from behind my oxygen mask, I knew he heard my happiness in my voice.

"Harry!" I had exclaimed as he laughed and walked over to me, handing me the flowers and smiling widely.

"Hey Mira. How are you feeling?" He asked, his green eyes flickering to the needle in my hand and the mask on my face in worry. I took the mask off so I could talk easier to him, hoping Nurse Abby didn't catch me with it off.

"Apparently I have fluid in my lungs and I am suffering from congestive heart failure. So not very good." I scowled, Harry chuckling a bit from my expression.

"I'm sorry, that sounds painful." He apologized, pulling himself a chair by my bedside to sit himself down.

"It's not so bad. The coughing hurt an awful lot though." I admitted, watching as Harry's eyes grew a bit wider.

"Coughing? What else happened to you yesterday?" He suddenly inquired, a serious look on his usually goofy face.

"I couldn't really catch my breath and I fainted after calling 911." I told him, Harry seeming amazed for some reason.

"That's exactly what happened to Louis yesterday." He mumbled, making my heart swell with worry. My hand with the taped IV reached out to Harry's, my eyes wide as I realized the dream I had had after fainting was real. Louis was ill.

"Is he okay, Harry?" I quickly asked, Harry's eyes growing wide as he immediately tried calming me down.

"Yeah, he's perfectly fine, don't worry. Sorry, shouldn't have scared you." He reassured me, lightly squeezing my hand before he laughed.

"What?"

"Louis actually sent me to come check on you. Apparently before he fainted, he said you were hurt, and it's been bugging him the entire time that he's been in the healing center." Harry told me, snickering with laughter. "He tried to escape the healers to come see you, but they caught him and put a sleeping spell on him so he would stay put. It wasn't the pretty butterfly kind either, it was the heavy duty knock-you-out-for-half-a-day kind of spell."

"Seriously?" I asked, a bit upset at hearing Louis probably wouldn't come visit today.

"Yeah, as soon as the spell was cast Louis was knocked out cold in the middle of the hallway." Harry couldn't stop laughing, holding his hands out to me. "Wanna see?"

I was a bit confused until my hands held his, my memory keeper talent picking up on the memory Harry was sending to me. Sure enough, I saw everything he said.

Louis was dressed in a jacket, t-shirt, and pair of jeans one of his friends must have brought him, blue eyes sharpened with determination. He was trying his best to be sneaky as he maneuvered around the healing center hallways, choosing to take Harry as a watchman in case anyone was around that would catch him being out of bed. If anyone was within a certain distance, Harry would hear their thoughts. Louis got so far as to be within a few feet of the exit, when suddenly a voice echoed through the hallways.