Chapter Nine

Cassie looked up at the building. Her camera in her bag, the torch of her phone on.

She studied the broken rusted chain for a moment.

Cassie pulled open the door, stepped inside.

Nothing looked different from the past two days.

The ring of fire appeared; the stairs revealed themselves as lit candles floated downwards.

Cassie didn't hesitate as stepped down the stairs. She stepped off the bottom step as the sounds of his shoes echoed closer.

She watched as the blonde hair; blue eyed man stopped in front of her.

He leaned forward.

She leaned back "No."

He straightened his posture.

"I've been here. Twice before, right?"

He held back his answer for a moment before nodding.

"Each time I don't remember going home, I'll forget when I wake up. Won't I?"

He nodded again.

"Why?"

This time the blonde hair, blue eyed man had to think about his answer.

"Who are you?"

"Lucifer." His accent slipped from his tongue.

Cassie couldn't picture where it had come from. She stared into his blue eyes; a faint tinge of red struggled to stay behind the shade of blue.

"Cassie, isn't it?"

She nodded.

"What desired you to come back for a third time?"

Cassie could've sworn she saw a glint of hot red wipe over the blues of his eyes.

Lucifer didn't ask again, he let her thoughts distract her.

"Curiosity." She wasn't even sure if that was true. Boredom, lack of routine and her vivid dreams brought her back to this place for the third time.

Yes, curiosity drove her to speak rather than allow lust to take over.

"There's something else, isn't there?"

There it was again; Cassie saw red flicker across his blue eyes.

Was there something else? Cassie had to ponder the question as she tried to keep focus on his eyes. Did he know his eyes flicked with red? Did he know his blue eyes struggled to stay a nice shade of blue?

Lucifer studied Cassie; he knew what she was doing. He could almost read her thoughts; he knew his eyes had caught her attention. He waited for her to speak about his eyes, he never explained his eyes unless asked.

Lucifer slowly closed his eyes for a second, he slowly reopened them.

Cassie's gaze filled with wonder as red hid the blue. His blue pupils had disappeared to red pupils. Cassie wasn't scared, she knew she probably should be, but she wasn't, she was still curious.

"Have you thought of what else brought you down here?" Lucifer knew the answer, he always knew the answer when he asked that question.

Cassie shook her head as she lost herself in the reds of his eyes.

Lucifer wasn't going to answer the question for her, he wanted her to speak it. He wasn't going to ask the question again instead he reached out his hand.

Cassie pulled her gaze away from his red eyes and down to his open palm. "I'm not going to wake up and forget this, will I?" She brought her soft gaze to his face.