Chapter Thirty- Three

Cassie gripped her mother's hand tight; fear ran through Cassie's body. She couldn't feel an ounce of excitement in her body.

Lucifer's words filled her mind. You will raise a violent child.

Tears rolled down Cassie's cheeks "I can't do this." It wasn't pregnancy fears racing through her mind. You will raise a violent child. It was as if his voice was stuck on replay in her mind You will raise a violent child.

"You can do this." Toni calmly spoke to her daughter.

"She won't be an angel." Cassie cried.

"Yes, she will be." Toni tried to sooth Cassie as Toni ran her hand over Cassie's hair.

You will raise a violent child.

The tears wouldn't stop as the voice repeated itself in her mind.

It was almost as if Lucifer's voice was screaming in her ear "CASSIE, THE LITTLE GIRL WILL BE VOILENT! SHE WILL BE A CHILD OF DARKNESS."

"No, she won't be." Cassie spoke out to the voice digging into her mind.

"Cassie, look at me, sweetie."

Cassie tore her gaze away from the nurses as they started to surround her.

"You will raise a beautiful little girl and she will grow up to be just as smart and gorgeous as you."

Cassie failed to believe her mother's words as the voice repeated in her mind.

"Child of darkness, that's all she'll ever be known as."

Cassie took a deep breath as she stared into her mother's eyes, tears continued to fall down Cassie's cheeks.

Toni attempted to soothe her daughter "Remember when you were little, and you played pretend with your dolls?"

Cassie nodded.

"You told me that you couldn't wait to see what the angels bring you."

Cassie laughed a little at her young memory.

"I never understood what you meant. We aren't church people, but you told me that every time you put Lula to bed. So, Cassandra. The angels brought you this, they brought you this little girl. You will have a little angel of your own expect this time she'll be real."

Cassie managed to smile amongst her tears, the voice in her head had suddenly stopped playing.

It was as if someone other than Toni, the nurses and the doctor was in the room as Cassie began to push.

It was as if a white bright light beamed down on the moment.

Cassie squeezed her mother's hand nearly to breaking point; Toni didn't complain.

The birthing room soaked in bright white light as Cassie pushed again.

It was as if Cassie was the only one who noticed the bright white light.

She struggled to keep her eyes open as she gave another push.

The bright white light felt like it was congratulating Cassie as the cries of a newborn filled the room.

"It's a healthy little girl." The Doctor's voice broke through.

It was as if there was a soft glow to the newborn covered in blood and vernix.

Toni kissed her daughter's cheek.

Cassie couldn't help but let her fears completely disappear as she watched the baby be wrapped in a baby blanket.

A nurse reached the baby to Cassie.

Cassie gently and carefully cradled her little angel.

Toni gaze down at her grandchild.

The white bright light stayed in the room. 

The white bright light followed behind the nurse as they pushed the baby girl out of the birthing room

Toni followed by the side of the nurse, Toni was filled with awe and wonder as she continuously gazed down to her granddaughter with each step. Everything in Toni's world suddenly felt insignificant as she planned to stay by her daughter and granddaughter's side.