Chapter Seventeen

Cassie laid back in bed, she stared at the blank message on her phone. She looked at the number 666 on her screen as her thoughts swirled around her mind.

It had only been less than a day since she saw Lucifer, less than a day since she kissed his cheek and thanked him.

Less than a day apart, less than a day apart...

Cassie chewed down on her lower lip as she reminded herself that she didn't need the addiction of Lucifer even if he treated her as if she was the only woman in existence.

Her fingers hovered over the keyboard of her phone as she dropped her gaze to her fingers.

Cassie swallowed her nerves as she began to type.

Lucifer, my mother wants to meet you. Please say no.

She pressed send before laying back in bed comfortably, she reached her phone on to the bedside table before trying to close her eyes.

Cassie's eyes jolted open as she heard the message on her phone, she reached for her phone and looked at the new text message.

It certainly wouldn't be a normal experience, why am I to say no?

She rolled her eyes at the text message before typing.

I need you to say no, so than I can tell my mother you don't want to come over and meet her.

An instant reply sent through.

I'd love to come up and meet your mother.

Cassie gritted her teeth "You suck." She sighed as she placed her phone back on the bedside table.