Chapter Thirty-One

Cassie stood at the front door; she rested her hands on her baby bump as she waited.

She watched as the front door opened "Olita." Cassie breathed out.

Olita's eyes instantly dropped to Cassie's noticeable bump; Olita was left speechless.

Cassie sighed "Is Michael home?"

Olita continued to stare at the baby bump "His in his room."

"Can I see him?" It felt weird for Cassie to be asking.

Olita nodded slightly as she stepped out of the way, she watched as Cassie climbed up the stairs.

Cassie pushed open Michael's bedroom door; she saw him laying in his bed with his phone in his hand.

Michael looked up at Cassie "Hey." He sat up.

Cassie took a step into his room, she sat down next to him "I'm sorry."

Michael listened, all he needed to do right now was listen.

"In school I had the biggest crush on you, but you never noticed. I thought maybe after school, we could start dating but you were on holidays, and I was left alone. I just started to explore the city" She refused to admit the truth about Lucifer "I came across Lucifer, and he felt like he was everything I wanted. He was the man that just gave me what I thought I wanted." Cassie sighed "I didn't want this." She looked at her stomach "Maybe one day but not now and not with a man like Lucifer." She sighed again "I spent three years thinking that I could have this fairy-tale with you." She slowly lifted her gaze to look at Michael.

Michael wasn't sure how to react. He had spent two and a half years hiding his feelings from Cassie, he realised he must've done a good job at it which broke his heart.

Cassie shook her head slightly "I've stuffed everything up and I'm sorry. I wouldn't blame you if you chose to not be my friend anymore."

Michael looked at the doorway of his bedroom, hoping his words would come barging in as he processed Cassie's explanation. He wanted to forgive Cassie, he cared about her too much not to forgive her, but he knew that in this very moment she sounded just like her mother.

"That's all I wanted to say and say it in person." She rose up to her feet "I think I should probably go tell Olita the truth too." She began to make her way out of Michael's bedroom, leaving him with his thoughts.

Cassie found Olita sitting at the kitchen table.

Olita looked up at Cassie "It's not my grandson's, is it?"

Cassie shook her head as she stayed by the kitchen entrance.

"He knows his not the father, right?"

Cassie nodded.

"My love, I'm not mad at you. Yes, my heart is broken but I know my grandson is slow and sometimes a girl can get bored waiting."

Cassie wasn't sure how to take that.

"Come sit."

Cassie sat down next to Olita.

"A grandmother knows these things. What is my grandson going to do?"

Cassie shrugged slightly "He said he'd help but after the other day. I think you may be seeing less of me."

Olita patted Cassie's hands "Even if my grandson wants nothing to do with you, I'd still love to be there for you."

Cassie smiled at the care of Olita "Thank you."

"I still want to see you too." Michael's voice interrupted.

The two woman looked at Michael.

"I told you when I found out that I'd like to step up and be there for you. This may not of been our plan but it's certainly a plan."

Olita felt proud of Michael for stepping up.