Chapter Twenty-Seven

Cassie stared at her stomach in the bathroom mirror, she ran her hands over her dress. She couldn't tell if her stomach had any visible changes, Cassie had a stomach; she had a squishy stomach.

She doubted a three month pregnancy would be noticeable this far along, she doubted her body would show a sign of her even being pregnant.

She sucked in her stomach; her rib outline barely noticeable under the struggle of her holding in her stomach before releasing it.

Her eyes widen in the mirror as she gazed at her reflection "Light and dark, the dream? That was telling me this!?" She hushed to herself. "The glow?" She thought back to Olita's words.

Cassie wasn't sure if Michael had tried to find a way to tell his family or if he'd try to keep it a secret from them. She knew it'd be a circus when she told the Alexanda family.

Cassie looked at the rose petals scattered over her bed; confusion ran over her body

Cassie looked at the rose petals scattered over her bed; confusion ran over her body. She tossed a glance out the hallway before returning her gaze to her bed.

She knew it wouldn't of been Michael who did this, he had left her home not long after the pregnancy reveal.

Cassie grabbed her blanket; she shook off the rose petals watching as they dropped around her bed.

She picked up her phone from her bedside table before laying comfortably in bed.

Cassie opened her text messages; she began to type up one.

Have you told your parents?

She sent the message to Michael.

Cassie watched as 666 flicked across her phone screen, she watched as an angel emoji appeared before disappearing.

She leaned her head back on her pillow as she sighed, she hated waiting for Michael's message.

She felt her phone vibrate in her hand; she rose her phone above her face seeing a new message from 666 appear.

Has temptation lead you back to me?

"What?" Cassie rolled her eyes.

Cassie placed her phone on her bedside table before laying comfortably in bed. She closed her eyes, allowing herself to drift off to sleep.

"Mother!" A voice called out "MOTHER!"

Cassie couldn't see, the darkness around her gripped her tight.

"SAVE ME! WHERE ARE YOU!?"

Cassie panicked as the darkness refused to show an ounce of care for her emotions.

"MOTHER! His hurting me! MOTHER!"

Cassie swirled her gaze around as she reached her hands out, she opened her mouth to speak but no words wanted to come out.

A piercing scream filled the darkness.

Cassie sat up in a sweat as she tried to gain her breath.

Her eyes drifted down to her blanket covering her stomach, she wrapped her arms around her stomach as she tried to process her dream.

Cassie tapped her phone screen, seeing the time; 11:00pm.

She slowly lowered herself back down, trying to force herself to go back to sleep.

Cassie stepped into the darkness, she watched as it drifted around her. Watching as smoke swept around her feet.

"I'll keep her safe." Filled a cruel voice.

Cassie carefully stepped forward.

"Why didn't you tell me." The cruel voice beckoned. "You were once filled with light, now look at you. Your full of darkness. full of cruel flames."

Cassie couldn't escape the darkness.

"Look at you! The way you ruined yourself with lies and temptation. You tainted yourself with a fallen angel."

Cassie tried to call out but nothing from her mouth would escape.

Flames began to appear in the darkness.

"You were once an angel, an angel created for him now you're the devil's pawn. Carrying his spawn. She'll be just as cruel as him."

Cassie covered her ears.

"You'll never be the angel you once were."

Cassie sat up; tears rolled down her cheeks. Her dreams with toying with her mind and it had hurt her deeper than she could adimit.

She picked up her phone, she began to type.

I need you.

Cassie cried as she brought her knees up to her chest, she wrapped her arms around her legs as she cried alone in the darkness of her bedroom.

She closed her eyes as she rested her head on her knees, letting the tears fall.

"Cassie" His accent filled her ears.

She felt him wrap his arms around her as he comforted her.

"I'm here."

Cassie leaned her head on his chest as she cried into his white shirt.

Lucifer kissed the top of her head as he held her tight in his arms.

"I don't want to go back; I don't want to do this." She cried.

"It's okay, you can stay here. Stay with me forever."

Cassie shifted her body onto his lap, Lucifer readjusted his arms as he cradled her in his lap. She buried her face into his shirt as Lucifer held her.