Chapter Twenty-Three

Cassie sat in the passenger seat of Michael's car, she gazed out to the front door of her house as Michael stopped the car.

She shifted her attention to him. She couldn't find the right words to ask him about his dating life during his six months they were apart, she knew Michael didn't date anyone when she knew him in high school. His excuse was always too focused on school, but Cassie had learnt from Olita that it was a lie. Michael didn't sleep with anyone according to Olita, but her grandson did date on/off before Cassie entered his life.

"Are you going to tell your mum?" Michael felt uncertain as he asked.

Cassie couldn't help but breath out an ounce of laughter "She'll find out even if I don't tell her."

There was an air of uncomfortableness in the car and Michael couldn't figure out why as he watched Cassie pick up her bag from the floor of the passenger seat.

"I was with someone when you were gone." Cassie breathed out her words.

Michael swallowed hard; he took a breath before slowly exhaling "That's okay."

Cassie looked at him, confusion ran over her face "It's okay?"

"Well, yeah. We weren't dating. We're dating now, right?"

"Yeah." Cassie pushed open the car door as her thoughts didn't understand what had just happened. She clipped off her seat belt for leaning over and kissing Michael's cheek.

"Cassie."

"It's okay, Michael." She smiled slightly at him as she stepped out of his car, holding onto her bag.

Michael watched as Cassie made her way to the front door and disappeared inside her house. He didn't understand what had just happened.