Chapter Tweleve.

Cassie woke in the same bed she had slept in, her smiled beamed brightly as she allowed herself to stretch under the covers. She looked at the spot next to her, he was gone.

She didn't allow her mind to fill with regret as she snuggled herself back up under the covers. She felt the warmth of the fireplace still filling the room as she laid alone.

Her eyes creeped towards the door as it opened.

Cassie watched as Lucifer stepped into the room, carrying a tray of fruits.

He looked relaxed in his suit as the door closed behind him, he carried the tray towards her.

Cassie carefully sat up, holding the cover close to her naked body.

Lucifer placed the tray down on a coffee table as it appeared in front of the fireplace "There's a robe next to you."

Cassie turned her attention to the empty space by her side, she watched as a white robe materialized by her side.

Lucifer kept his back turned as the three seater leather lounge appeared in front of the fireplace.

He could hear her faint footsteps before seeing Cassie wearing the robe tight around her body, she carefully sat down on the lounge.

"No apples?" She leaned forward and picked up a strawberry.

Lucifer smirked as he carefully twisted his hand, a red apple appeared in his palm.

"I was kidding." She rested her head on his shoulder as she bit into the strawberry.

Lucifer kept the apple in his hand as he wrapped his arm around Cassie's shoulder, he kissed the top of her head "Did you sleep well?"

Lucifer felt the nod of her head against his shoulder before she reached for another strawberry.

"Are you going to eat some?" Cassie carefully bit into the strawberry.

"I brought this for you to enjoy."

Cassie sat up slightly, she turned her attention to him.

"It's just fruit, Cassie."

Lucifer placed the apple down on the coffee table.

"Can I stay here for a while?" Cassie twisted the green leaves of the strawberry in her fingers.

Lucifer studied her for a moment, there was something that he couldn't read in her mind. There was something that he could sense but not hear. Her thoughts had suddenly stopped him from reading what she was thinking.

Cassie lowered her gaze to the squished strawberry leaves in her fingers "Sorry." She took his silence as a no.

"I would." Lucifer paused for a moment, he needed to think of his answer. He needed to know what she was thinking but her mind wouldn't let him "Why?"

Cassie shrugged a little as she kept her gaze on the strawberry leaves.

"You can stay on one condition."

Cassie slowly lifted her gaze to his black eyes.

"That you let me protect you."

Cassie hadn't realised she had let a small smile form across her lips "I'd like that." She gazed into his black eyes for a moment.