Chapter Thirteen

It had been a week since Cassie discovered hell, it had been a week since she first been touched by Lucifer, it had been a week since Lucifer allowed her to stay in hell. It had been a week of Cassie feeling safe and loved, it had been a week of her forgetting anything that didn't involve Lucifer.

Cassie could still remember the above, she texted her mum almost daily just to keep her mother from worrying.

She sat with a book opened in her lap, a display of hard covered thick spine books displayed on a shelf sat behind her.

Cassie squealed with delight as the words she read kept her amused.

Lucifer glanced up from his game of one player chess, he watched the movements Cassie made as she sat by the fireplace. The way she curled into herself, the way she squealed with delight, the way she let her gasp let out, the way she tapped her feet on the carpet, the way she embarrassingly tucked her upper lip into her mouth.

Lucifer couldn't help but be memorised by her.

"Is everything okay?"

Cassie jumped a little at the sound of his voice, her body relaxed itself as she returned to a comfortable position, she tore her gaze away from her book "Yes." Her voice sounded sweet, it sounded like she had just gained the greatest thing in her life.

"What are you reading?"

Cassie watched as he rested his hands under his chin, she wasn't sure if he was genuinely interested in the book she was reading or pondering which move to play against himself in the round of chess.

"Eric Tyler's Forever at Heart."

Lucifer nodded a little, he glanced down at his delicately designed angels vs demons chess board before reaching out his hand and pushing forward a Devil. He pondered for a moment before rising to his feet "Would you like to read some to me?" His red eyes glanced up at her.

"Uh.Um." She flustered.

"How about you tell me about it" Lucifer stepped towards Cassie, he sat down on the three seater lounge than rested his arm on the armrest. He looked as if he was letting himself be entranced by the young woman.

Cassie glanced down at the words on the page she had just finished reading, the very page that left her flustered and out of breath.

Lucifer could read the embarrassment over her face; he could read the fluster over her face. The way she wanted to speak but shied away from what she was thinking.

"It's a love triangle." Cassie started as she glanced up at Lucifer, the fireplace flames shining dimly in front of him. "A young woman is torn between two men."

"Who are these men?" Lucifer seemed like he was genuinely interested.

Cassie closed her book, a red ribbon appeared clasped in the spot she had just finished reading. Her eyes drifted down to the book, even after a week she was still in awe of things just appearing before her eyes.

"One man's tall, dark and handsome. Everyone's dream fantasy."

"Yours too?"

Cassie lowered her gaze with embarrassment "The way his written." She sounded like she was in love. "Than there's a young man who wants only one thing."

"And that is?"

Cassie didn't care for his interruptions "Love."

Lucifer watched, there was something in Cassie's voice that concerned him.

"They both see this woman; they both see her as something different. Sam, the tall, dark and handsome man sees this young woman as a prize to be won. He only cares about her because he doesn't want anyone else to have her while Mickey genuinely loves this woman and would do anything to prove his love to her."

"Who does the woman want?"

Cassie sighed before shrugging lightly "She's torn between both; they both give her something she didn't realise she needed. She needed love but she knows she loves the way Sam treats her, the way he attempts to show his love with trinkets while Mickey shows his love with his heart."

"And the part you were up to?"

Cassie glanced down, she was just under halfway through the book "Where Clarissa first meets Sam, the way she's swept into his..." She let's a lust filled sigh out.

Lucifer understands.

Cassie studies the front cover of her book, a full red heart surrounded by the words in cursive font Forever at Heart. Eric Tyler's name printed under the red heart "You know his gone quiet, now."

"Who?"

"Eric Tyler, this was the last book he wrote before he suddenly disappeared into the abyss." Cassie looked up at Lucifer.

"His not dead." Lucifer noted.

"I know, his just taking a break from writing. I think?" Cassie sighed.

Lucifer watched as the book floated out of Cassie's hands, the book placed itself back into the bookshelf.

The bookshelf evaporated into the wall.

"What happens when someone dies?"

Lucifer felt taken back by the question as he shifted his glance to Cassie "It's different for everyone."

Cassie lowered her gaze to her lap.

Lucifer hated that he couldn't read what she was thinking. "how about we go for a stroll?" he rose to his feet.

Cassie lifted her gaze to his face, she watched as he lifted his hand towards her. She placed her hand in his, Lucifer helped Cassie to her feet.

Cassie held onto Lucifer's warm hand as she stayed behind him, he lead her through the door.

Her eyes kept in the magic around her.

The rocks and doors she had seen were now hidden amongst an illusion of a brightly lit garden.

A marble water fountain with an angel in its centre rippled with water as it sat in the middle of the illusion.

White flowers blossomed around branches.

Cassie let her hand slip out of his as she allowed herself to take in the sight around her.

The garden filled with beauty and glistened with marble.

Lucifer stayed in his spot as he watched her, watched the way she took in the beauty. The way the light surrounded her, the way she took in the scent of the white flowers, the way she ran the tips of her fingers across the water.

Something in Lucifer's heart felt different, he felt a feeling he couldn't describe.

Cassie looked up in the trees as she heard the whistle of birds, her heart filled with wonder and amazement.

Lucifer watched as the bright white light soaked around the innocents of Cassie's mind.

Cassie watched as a porch swing draped itself down from a sturdy branch, white flowers began to fall around the swing.

She smiled as she skipped her way towards the swing, Cassie carefully lowered herself. Using her feet, she gently rocked herself backwards and forwards.

Lucifer managed to shift his gaze to Cassie, he took his time stepping over to her. He carefully wrapped his fingers around the silk connecting the swing to the tree, he carefully helped rock her backwards and forward.

Cassie tilted her head upwards, her gaze angled to watch his gaze linger down on her. "Thank you" She whispered.

Lucifer leaned down and kissed her lips.

Cassie slowly tilted her head forward, her eyes continued to soak in each detail in this beauty.