Chapter Twenty-Five

"Cassandra, your pregnant." The Doctor spoke.

"Sorry, what?"

Toni looked at her daughter.

"Your three months along."

"What?" Cassie couldn't believe it. She knew how pregnancies worked, her school had spoken about it in sex ed classes, and her mother had given her the graphic talk of the birds and the bees. "I can't be. Like, I can't be."

Toni placed her hand over Cassie's hand.

"You haven't noticed any changes?" The doctor asked.

Cassie shook her head.

"Toni?"

Toni shook her head "Cassandra's been Cassandra, nothing about her has changed."

Cassie looked at her mother as the two woman tried to come to terms with what was happening.

"My daughter did come back from a trip."

"How long was she there for?"

"Six months."

The Doctor started to get a sense of something "Did you meet anyone, Cassandra?"

Cassie looked at the doctor, she was still trying to find her words.

"No." Toni seemed confident in her answer.

The Doctor studied Cassie for a moment, the doctor knew the young woman was hiding something, maybe hiding something from her mother or afraid to speak the truth in front of her mother "Toni, do you mind if you give Cassandra and I a moment." It wasn't a question.

Toni looked at her daughter "I'll be just outside, Cassandra." She quietly left the doctor's office.

"Is there something you want to tell me?"

Cassie lifted her gaze to her doctor before shaking her head.

"You do you how babies happen, right?"

Cassie nodded her head.

"Are you sexually active?"

"I'm not like my mother; I don't parade men around all day..." Cassie's eyes widen.

The two long weeks she had with Lucifer, the two weeks that everyone but her keeps calling six months "I did meet a guy, but we were only together for two weeks."

"Did you two have sex?"

"Not every day."

The Doctor nodded "But enough for you to fall pregnant. Are you sure you didn't notice any changes about yourself?"

Cassie nodded; she couldn't form her words probably.

"Do you know what you want?"

Cassie shook her head.

The Doctor nodded slightly "I think you and your mother should talk about your choices than come back to me and you and I can talk privately about what you'd like to do. Do you talk to the man you meet?"

"I haven't spoken to him in about a month."

"When was the last time you saw each other?"

Cassie had to think about it "Uh...Um.."

The Doctor took the lack of words as a sign "Cassandra, I highly suggest that you and your mother talk than we'll figure out everything."

"What happens if I don't want the baby?"

"Unfortunately your too far along to termite the pregnancy. You'd have to carry it to term, but we can find ways to give the baby an upbringing that you chose not to give."

Cassie swallowed hard as she nodded slightly.

"I know it's not Michael's, so whose the father?" Toni asked as she stopped at a red light

"I don't know. I didn't even think I was." Cassie burst out crying.

It was as if the two woman had near completely forgot about Lucifer, Toni had only meet Lucifer briefly a month ago, her memory of him had disappeared. Whereas hints of Lucifer still flickered in Cassie's memory though she couldn't remember every detail about him, she couldn't remember his phone number or the way he touched her body or even the way he spoke her name.

Toni shifted her eyes from the red light before looking at her daughter "It's okay, Cassandra. We'll get through this." From the corner of her eyes she noticed the green light. Toni shifted her focus back to the road. "You'll need to tell Michael."

"I can't."

"You have to."

"No, I can't. His parents would murder him."

"I would say your wrong but god, those two are so wound up that they would burst in flames if they found out." Toni breathed out "Bring Michael over, tell him at home. Invite him over for dinner, without his parents."

"What about Olita."

"Olita doesn't need to know."

Cassie looked up at her mother.

"I mean it Cassandra, if Olita knows she'd have a heart attack. That old woman loves you just as much as I do but we certainly ain't telling her." Toni glanced at her daughter before glancing back at the road "Text Michael, tell him to come over tonight."

Tears ran down Cassie's cheeks "I'm sorry, mum."

Toni shifted her gaze to her teary eyed daughter "It's not your fault, sweetheart. I'm not mad at you. This was going to happen one day, I knew that. I just thought you'd be smarter than me."

Cassie wasn't sure how to take the last sentence.