Chapter Thirty-Four

Cassie held her real life angel, the doctor and the nurses had agreed that the baby looked like a healthy bundle of joy, even washing away Cassie's fears of the baby growing horns with a simple sentence "She'll always be your angel but once those teen years hit, it'll feel like you've raised one hell of a devil. No horns but defiantly an attitude." Spoke one of the nurses.

Cassie couldn't see anything that resembled Lucifer or anything that pointed towards a violent child even though Cassie had no idea what a violent child was supposed to look like at birth.

Just a normal baby girl.

Cassie basked in the few moments of silence.

She glanced up as the hospital door opened, she brightly smiled as the white bright light softened it's glow around Cassie and the baby girl.

Cassie watched as Michael, Olita, David, Catherina and Toni snuck into her room. She let them crowd around her as they all gazed lovingly at the new bundle of joy in Cassie's arms.

"Michael, one day you'll have your own." Spoke Catherina, she didn't mean for it to sound cruel but there was a hint of I wish this was my very own grandchild in her voice.

Michael stayed quiet, as much as he was proud to step up and do what he thought was right, standing in the room with Cassie and her baby; her baby, not his, it felt wrong. He felt out of place.

"Would anyone like a hold?" It instantly became a silly question.

The baby girl began to be passed around the small crowd of people.

"Do you have a name yet?" Catherina asked.

Cassie thought for a moment, she had one. Her mother had reminded her of the name, but she didn't want to speak it out loud, not yet anyway. "Still thinking."

"Shouldn't think for too long, don't want this baby to grow up being nameless." David joked.

Cassie half heartedly smiled as they passed her baby around.

Cassie looked up at the white bright light as it shined from the corner of her room, she could've sworn she saw a male figure amongst the glow. She smiled brightly at the white bright light.

The white bright light around the male figure nodded their head slightly as it stayed in the room.

"If you don't want the baby's father in this little one's life, I know a good lawyer."

Cassie faked a sound of laughter as she shifted her gaze to Catherina, seeing the baby girl be passed along to David "Um. Thanks."

Catherina glanced up at Cassie "I can pull the strings, Get Michael legally on the birth certificate and release all rights from the donor."

Toni sensed how uncomfortable her daughter as "Catherina, how about we focus on the now and let Cassandra decide if she wants to do that later on. Okay?"

"It is focusing on the now, Toni. This baby doesn't deserve to suffer at the hands of a wasteful breath of a donor."

"Catherina." Toni calmly spoke.

"Catherina, Toni is right. We should be celebrating this baby not fussing over some man." Olita let her words sting Catherina's ears.

Catherina pursed her lips.

David passed the baby to Olita, neglecting Michael by his side.

"You'll always be in safe hands, my angel. Your guardian angel will always protect you when we can't be there." Olita hushed to the sleeping baby in her arms before carefully leaning down and kissing the baby's forehead.

Cassie couldn't help but breath out a genuine smile.

The white bright light saw the pureness in the moment between Olita and the baby.