Chapter Thirty

For three days, she hadn't spoken to Michael. For three days, she hadn't dared to even think of Lucifer.

Cassie spent three days with her own thoughts, with her own time to look at what she caused.

This was never Cassie's plan, and she knew it. She never meant to have something with a man who called himself the devil, she never meant to have his baby, she never meant to break her best friend's heart, she never meant to betray her best friend.

Lucifer was right. He came into her life when she needed someone. Lucifer was right. He came into her life and filled a void that she had refused to openly admit.

Cassie loved but no one returned the love. Cassie craved attention but no one gave her the attention she wanted.

She was young, with a life of loneliness and rejection headed her way and that's all she thought before she meet Lucifer.

If Cassie couldn't tell Michael the truth than how could she tell any other man that chose to run after her, if any chose to run after her.

Cassie let a sigh slip from her lips as she looked down at the rose petals that she still hadn't cleaned up from her floor.

She closed her eyes than inhaled deeply, she didn't want the thoughts of Lucifer to fill her mind. She didn't need him in her life, she had her baby. The baby that was going to fill the void she wanted filled.

It wasn't that Cassie begged for a baby, she begged for love. It wasn't that Cassie begged for a baby, she begged for attention. She begged for something her mother barely gave her, something she never got from her father and something she hadn't received unless she was the butt of a joke.