Chapter Twenty-One

Cassie laid squashed by Michael's side; she was used to sharing his single bed. They had shared the same bed countless times since they had been friends, but this time felt different.

Cassie forced herself not to toss and turn all night as Michael kept a safe arm around her while they attempted to share the same blanket.

"Mother!" The voice seemed soft and gentle as Cassie stepped into a white light "Over here, mother." It wasn't Cassie's voice calling out.

Cassie followed the voice as she moved alone in the white light.

"You've found me!" the soft gentle voice called out.

Cassie stopped in front of a white cradle; she leaned her head down to look inside seeing a little pink blanket wrapped tightly around a sleeping baby.

"Sweetie" Cassie lifted up baby, she cradled the baby tight to her chest. She kissed the baby's forehead as she gently twirled around the white light.

Cassie smiled brightly, almost as brightly as the white light she was in.

Darkness seeped over the white light.

"NO! You can't have her!" Cassie screamed as the baby began to cry. Cassie held the baby tighter to her chest "I SAID NO!"

The darkness ignored Cassie's begging as it emerged itself over Cassie and the baby.

Cassie jolted open her eyes. Her eyes stared out into the darkness of the bedroom as she tried to understand the dream she just had.

She carefully peeled away Michael's arm from around her before carefully climbing out of bed. She took a few steps towards her bag sitting on the floor before sitting down on the floor.

Cassie attempted to quietly rummage for her phone in her bag, she squinted her eyes as she tapped the phone screen the brightness of the screen filling her face.

Cassie looked at the two message notifications, one was from her mother and the other was from Lucifer. She opened the message from her mother.

Cassandra, where are you?

Cassie texted.

Michael's.

She clicked the photo symbol before raising her phone just a bit, she snapped a photo not realising flash was still on. Cassie paused for a moment, watching as Michael turned a little in his sleep.

Cassie sent the message and the photo to her mother.

She opened up Lucifer's message.

Hell is lonely without you.

Cassie rolled her eyes.

Tell me how time works, hell v earth.

It had only taken mere seconds for a new message from Lucifer to come through.

Hell normally passes extremely slow, imagine the longest day on earth now multiple that by hell. Earth time moves faster. Why?

"Why?" Cassie spoke to herself.

Because everyone says I was gone for six months. We were only together for two weeks.

Cassie watched as a new message from Lucifer appeared.

In Earth times we spent six months together. In hell time, it was only two weeks.

Even in her half awake state, Cassie still tried to process what she had just read.

Your up late, aren't you?

Cassie rubbed her eyes as she yawned.

Can't sleep.

Cassie couldn't help but giggle a little as she read Lucifer's new message.

Come join me down here.

She looked up at Michael, Michael was safe. Michael was the one she had a crush on, Michael was the one that if she hadn't met Lucifer, Michael would be the one she could imagine her life with.

Can't. With a friend.

Cassie sent her message before dumping her phone in her bag.

She heard her phone give a message alert as she climbed back into bed by Michael's side.