Chapter Twenty-Nine

Cassie's pregnancy was starting to show on her, she still hadn't worked the courage to see Olita or Michael's parents. She still wasn't even sure if Michael had told his family.

Michael's relationship with Cassie had certainly taken a turn, the two of them were almost near inseparable. Michael spent most days with Cassie at her house while she avoided his house, he helped her get to her Doctor's appointments while Toni trailed behind.

The three of them kept their eye on the growing bump.

Cassie enjoyed the rare moments she was alone; she liked that Michael and Toni were starting to get along rather than Michael keeping her mother at arm's length.

Cassie stared in the fridge; she felt her mouth fill with salvia as she noticed raw mince sitting in it's packet. Her gaze fixated with devour, her tongue licked her lips as her hands reached toward the packet.

She hadn't seen Lucifer since her accidental text to him and it had suited her just fine. She didn't need him in her life, she had Michael and her baby. Her baby girl.

Cassie ran her free hand over her baby bump as her other hand picked up the raw packet of mince, she turned away from the fridge before jumping slightly.

She eyed the man in his suit "You shouldn't scare me like that."

Lucifer watched as Cassie placed down the packet of mince "I've been thinking about your dreams."

"I told you that nearly three months ago." Cassie lowered her gaze to the mince packet, she chucked it back into the fridge before carefully resting her body against the kitchen bench.

He lowered his gaze to her stomach "Your pregnant."

Cassie nodded.

"That's what your dream was about. Your baby." Lucifer lifted his gaze up to Cassie "You were going to eat that, weren't you?"

"It's dinner, of course I was going to eat it."

"No. You were going to eat it as is, weren't you?"

Cassie swallowed her desire for raw meat.

Lucifer's face dropped "That night when you said you needed me. That's what you were hiding." He watched her remain silent "You told me that your dream said you were my pawn, you were carrying my spawn. That was referring to that." He pointed to her stomach.

"This isn't a that. This is a baby, a baby.."

"Girl." Lucifer finished her sentence.

Cassie nodded.

"No."

"What? You can't say no. I'm the one whose carrying this. Plus who says it's yours."

"You did."

"No." Cassie scoffed.

"Your dream said you were my pawn, carrying my spawn. God, he spelt it right out for me, and I refused to believe it. That..." He adverted his eyes upward before dropping his gaze to Cassie "You can't have that baby."

"Little too late."

"Cassie, you need to understand you can't have this child. It will ruin everything."

Cassie laughed "No. This baby won't."

"Your craving raw meat, your dark dreams. They are prophesizing what will happen. You will raise a violent child."

Cassie laughed again "You think this is a horror movie!? If you hadn't guessed, I'm not called Rosemary."

"No but it will play out as if you were."