Chapter Fifteen

Cassie gave a quick stretch as she laid in bed, Lucifer sat beside her watching her.

She slowly opened her eyes before jumping a little "I'll never get used to that."

Lucifer smiled a little as he breathed a small laugh.

"Is it okay if I go back home for a bit?"

Lucifer didn't understand, he and Cassie had been getting along fine. What had caused her to suddenly change her mind?

Cassie lowered her gaze to her lap "It's just I'm starting to miss home." She couldn't believe she had admitted that.

Lucifer placed his fingers under her chin and rose her head up just a bit to look at his face "Cassie, you are free to do as you please. You know where I am when you would like to join me again."

Cassie smiled brightly at his answer.

Cassie kissed Lucifer's cheek as they stood on the doorstep of her front door "Thank you

Cassie kissed Lucifer's cheek as they stood on the doorstep of her front door "Thank you."

She placed her hand on the door handle.

"CASSIE!"

Cassie turned around, she bounced on the balls of her feet as she ran into the arms of Michael.

Michael squeezed her tight, he kissed her cheek.

"Your back early."

"Early, Cassie. It's been six months."

Cassie didn't understand. She had only been with Lucifer for two weeks.

"Are you okay?"

Cassie shrugged off her thoughts, she'd have to remind herself to ask Lucifer how time worked between above and hell. 

"I'm just excited that your back." She didn't let him out of her arms "Tell me everything."