Chapter 5 - Feast

Kendo was overjoyed when she noticed that the Duchess had gone back to her usual routine and not stuck in his room all day

Kendo was overjoyed when she noticed that the Duchess had gone back to her usual routine and not stuck in his room all day. The ride with the Duke really worked and cheered him up. She was so overjoyed to see the greenette in the stables tending to his horse and going for short rides around the castle. Izuku started visiting the greenhouse again, he still stayed away from the knights mostly but he was no more hiding away in his chambers. Izuku was slowly going back to his old self and letting his guard down, he was smiling again and not always gloomy. Katsuki still wasn't very happy about the fact that Izuku was still avoiding the knights. He wanted the Omega to know his place and to be the Duchess of the castle and the estate but Izuku was more of a person that would take on the problem himself than be an inconvenience to someone else.

Katsuki had decided that he would have Izuku more involved in the knight's order. But Izuku being as stubborn as he is, it would be a rather difficult to get Izuku to join the ranks and be an active knight after everything that happened. Katsuki of course, didn't want to force him into doing anything he didn't want to but he can't let Izuku be isolated all the time. After alot of consideration and overlooking every aspect such a decision will affect, he made the decision to make Izuku a Vice Commander. Izuku was a strong and very skilled knight. Now that Katsuki had been personally training him for almost a year now, and his magic skills had gotten so very strong. Izuku had showed amazing growth in the last year, not only through combat but also as a mage as well. His potential as a strong knight had increased tremendously and it showed very clearly.

Katsuki knew that such a decision had to be made sooner or later. Izuku deserved that title and a little responsibilities with the authority to execute them would make him talk to the knights and give him some confidence. Katsuki sighed as he sent for his Vice Commanders, Shoto and Kirishima. As much as he didn't want to converse with Shoto, he was a Vice Commander and he needed his approval on this as well. Katsuki sat in his study going through paper works when the knock came on his door. Katsuki took a deep breathe and permitted the people to come inside. Kirishima and Shoto came in and closed the door behind them and bowed to the Duke in respect.

"You asked for us?" Kirishima asked bowing. Katsuki nodded and gestured to the chairs for the two to sit.

"Sit. I have something I wish to discuss with the two of you before I make the decision." Katsuki spoke with a serious tone as he put the papers he had been working on away.

"What is it? Is it about the training regime?" Shoto asked frowning in confusion and concern.

"I wish to promote Izuku to Vice Commander." Katsuki spoke seriously as he gauged both of their reactions. Shoto and Kirishima both frowned but both of their faces reflected thought and not disgust or anger. They both were considering the Duke's words and not disregarding it because of hatred against the Duchess.

"I do not oppose to this. My personal feelings aside, his grace is a rather skilled knights and a great mage. But making him a Vice Commander, is that wise?" Shoto spoke sternly.