Chapter 7 - Prejudice

Katsuki blankly stared at the parchment on the table as every single moment he spent with Izuku since he was 15 replayed in his head, every smile, every giggle, every word, every look of the greenette replayed in his head

Katsuki blankly stared at the parchment on the table as every single moment he spent with Izuku since he was 15 replayed in his head, every smile, every giggle, every word, every look of the greenette replayed in his head. Everything felt like a lie now, Izuku's care and adoration felt so very fake to him now, his words meant so very little to him now. He really didn't want to think of such horrible things, not for him, not for his Izuku. It couldn't be, how could he truly believe this to be true, how could he believe that all these years Izuku was being fake, how could he believe that he married a traitor? He shook his head grabbing the parchment staring at it very intently. Katsuki examined every detail, from words to the seal to the crest on the parchment. He didn't leave a single thing about it unexamined. Kirishima gave the Commander a sad expression. He knew how much this must be hurtful for him to find out that his wife who he cared for so very much was the one who betrayed him. He gently placed his hand onto his shoulder. It was more of a comforting touch.

"Katsuki... what are you looking for..?" Kirishima asked almost in a gentle and comforting voice.

"Forgery... there has to be some kind... there is no way Izuku would do this.." Katsuki hurriedly examined the seal. Kirishima sighed and hugged him rubbing his back comfortingly.

"Katsuki... a Commander's seal can not be forged, you know that better than anyone." Kirishima gently said.

"Clearly someone figured it out!" Katsuki said still not believing it. He doesn't care if he has to scour the earth for someone who can forger a Commander's seal, he will prove his wife to be innocent no matter the cost.

"Katsuki... a Commander's seal is forged in the Commander's blood and no one else can forger it. You know that Commander." Mina said with a sympathetic tone. She might hate the greenette Duchess but she cared for her friend alot and she knew what this was doing to her friend.

"There has to be a way." Katsuki persisted. He wasn't one to let go of something that easily and he surely won't let go of this unless he verified it himself.

"Katsuki...... you know many have tried over the years. The seal is forged in the blood and life mana of the Commander it is made for. There is no way anyone even with immense amount of mana can forger it. The only mage who knows the spell to make the seal is the King's daughter. No other mage knows the spell and many have tried but no one came close to replicating it. Ochako tried, didn't she? She couldn't do it. She is the most powerful mage, if she couldn't, how can anyone else do so?" Kirishima gently explained and tried to reason with the Alpha.

"There has to be a way.." Katsuki still persisted. He glared at the sigal on the parchment. There was no doubt, it is the Emerald's Commander's seal. There was no refuting it in anyway.

"Katsuki.. the sigal is bestowed by the King and it is purely forged in the Commander's blood and life energy. No one can replicate life energy that is why it is not possible to forger. We might not like the Duchess but this is treason and we won't be so quick to jump to conclusions for such a grave crime. I understand what you might feel your grace but there is no doubt that it was the Duchess. He is the Commander of the Emerald Knights." Sero explained with a calm tone.