Chapter 19 - Broken Mask

Trigger Warning

Trigger Warning

Izuku didn't know why the heavens never showed him any mercy. He really wanted to ask the gods what he had done that was so sinful that he was always in a bind and punished for it no matter what he did? As if having a horrible father wasn't enough of a punishment, the gods had to get him beaten to the inch of death every now and then for making the smallest of mistakes and now the sight in front of him... seeing him when he was in such a pathetic state. His eyes stayed fixated onto the one person he had prayed to the heavens all these years wouldn't find out what he was subjected to, the one person he faked his smiles to just so he wouldn't find out that Izuku was everything he despised in an Omega, so that he wouldn't find out that he married the embodiment of everything he didn't want in his wife. His husband stood tall by the entrance staring at Hizashi with a mix of so many emotions. Izuku couldn't decipher what the Alpha was thinking at the moment or even what he felt. Even when the blond Alpha was so close to him, he couldn't feel the bond between them and that confirmed it that his father had asked one of his mages to interfere with their bond, there was no other explanation for it. They were fated mate so only death could severe their mate bond completely, nothing else had that power. He never thought his father would be desperate enough to use blood magic. Blood magic was truly a dangerous art of magic and very few mages dwelled into it. He remembered how stern Ochako was about it when he had asked what blood magic was. It was one of the only forbidden magic art that was still used for dire situations. Izuku blinked as his father's ragged and out of breathe voice brought him back to the study where he had to face his biggest fear.

"What.. How are you inside? I had ordered you to never show your face here!" Hizashi's first question came out more of a confused plea as if he begged the gods that this was a dream and the Duke of Ruby wasn't really standing by his study entrance but the next part of his words reflected his anger and irritation.

Katsuki didn't say anything he just blinked at the ragged looking Duke who was sweaty and his always perfectly styled hair now a mess after hours of work. Izuku was mortified by the reality of his situation that he was in. He actually felt the urge to ask his father to strangle him with the very whip he feared all his life just so he won't have to face his husband in the state he was in. Anything was better than this, anything was better than Katsuki finding out that Izuku was every bit the weak and fraile Omega that Katsuki hated, anything was better than him finding out that Izuku was a liar. His mind went back to the day he spent with the Alpha by the lake and what Katsuki said about his dislikes...

"Okay. Tell me. Tell me about your likes, dislikes and your thoughts." Katsuki asked with a gentle smile.

"Wh-Why don't you go first.. I don't know much about you as well. I would like to know more about you as well." Izuku said trying to avoid answering. He couldn't lie, he didn't want to lie. He would have to tell him the truth and he didn't know how he could tell the truth without making himself look pathetic. He remembered the Alpha's hatred for pathetic Omegas and that was his biggest fear. That one day Katsuki would find out what his life had been, he would discard the Omega because he is a pathetic Omega.