Chapter 11 - Stubborn

"I don't want to worry you

"I don't want to worry you.... But there is a talk of war.." Katsuki said as he pinched the bridge between his nose and his temple. It was clear that Katsuki was stressed about this war. But what Kingdom's army could stress Katsuki out, The Fortis Knight? The worry on the Alpha's face only made Izuku shudder. If his mate was this bothered then it had to be really bad? He gulped as he steadied his raging thoughts to try and ask and get more information before he let his mind worry over something that is far exaggurated than reality.

"What? with Xeno? But Xeno should not-" Katsuki's head shaking stopped him. Izuku frowned in confusion. Xeno was notorious to have a grudge against Ivana and has waged war for just greed but no other Kingdom ever did. The other Knigdoms always respected the peace treaties.

"No.. Etheral.. King Yagi has been trying to negotiate a peaceful way out of this but there can be a war... The negotiation has not been very successful." Katsuki whispered in a groan of annoyance. Izuku didn't know what to think, he was aware of the peace that has stayed for 60 years between Etheral and Ivana. Etheral was a rather peaceful Kingdom but now he understood why his Alpha was agitated.

"This is.... not good... have you been summoned yet?" Izuku asked after a long pause and let his thoughts sink in. Katsuki audibly sighed, it was an exhausted sigh. His arm around Izuku's waist tightened pulling the Omega closer to his chest. Izuku could hear how his mate's heart beat was a little faster.

"Not yet.. but if it comes to war, King Yagi would have to... I have been summoned to attend the peace negotiations but... I have a bad feeling..." Katsuki confessed his honest emotions as he buried his nose into Izuku's beautiful and soft unruly curls, breathing in the sweet and soothing scent of vanilla oils and Izuku's sweet strawberry scent. Izuku's scent always had a strong hold on the blond when it came to calming him down.

".... It.. Etheral's army is twice the size of our royal army.. right?" Izuku asked as he buried his face into Katsuki's broad and warm chest. Katsuki gave a soft hum of agreement.

"It is more in numbers even after summoning all the armies and mercineries from the estates.. They have more people in that tiny land. I don't even know how they live.." Katsuki grumbled as he gently caressed Izuku's thigh staring at the soft scars, which he presumed to be battle scars.

Izuku's eyes drifted to the Alpha's hands as he noticed the scars as well. His face saddened as he remembered the memory of getting them. It was his father's sword that carved those scars on his thighs. He had failed to deliver a letter he was supposed to deliver because his heat came in early. Hizashi didn't care for the fact that his son was in heat and in pain. He whipped the poor thing's back raw and when Izuku's whimpered and sobbed for the pain to stop and begged his father to let him go, Hizashi's rage only escalated at the fact that Izuku was begging. That night Izuku didn't get to leave that study, he was only 15. His heats had started to get stronger as he was maturing and was engaged to Katsuki.

That night, Hizashi used his sword on the Omega and slashed at his skin until every inch of him was covered in cuts. He almost bled to death that night, that night was the most horrifying night of his life. Izuku quickly pulled the blanket up hiding his scars. It was partly that they reminded him of his horrifying father and partly because he thought they made him look ugly. Katsuki frowned as he pushed the blanket down and shifted to get down in between Izuku's legs. He kissed his thighs and each and every scar there was on his thighs. Izuku couldn't help but preen at the kisses. Somehow, Katsuki always made Izuku feel beautiful about himself, rather it be by dresses he gifted or by jewellery or just praising him. Izuku didn't feel so disgusted about his scars any longer, it was amazing what a few kisses could do.