Chapter 15 - No Goodbyes

Death march, that was what Izuku was doing that moment

Death march, that was what Izuku was doing that moment. The walk from his chambers in the Elden castle to the carriage was the death march a prisoner does from his jail cell to the execution site. The carriage wasn't his execution site of course but his destination sure was. Izuku honestly wanted to laugh like a hysterical person when the blond mentioned that he would be safe with his father. How badly did he want to point out the irony in that statement but he couldn't blame the Alpha for thinking that. Hizashi had been very coy in keeping his facade of being the doting father even after their marriage. He had heard Katsuki mention that Hizashi sends him letters over the months asking of Izuku's welfare. Katsuki even read some of those letter out loud to Izuku but the entire time the blond read the sweet words written by Hizashi in those letters, Izuku was only replaying the horrors he faced in Emerald. That was the point of those letters, to remind Izuku of his place. 

When Izuku's steps finally neared the main gates of Elden Castle, he couldn't help but pause. He looked back staring at the castle walls that were his home for so long. The walls that he thought would be his home of light for the rest of his life, the walls that he imagined would protect him from the darkness. His eyes brimmed with unshed tears as he stared at the staircase where Katsuki picked him up running upstairs when they first arrived at the castle. He stared at the carpet that he had hand picked for the decoration of the entrance hall during renovations. He stared at the staff that had gathered by the entrance to bid their farewell, the very staff that had been so kind to him and had been his extended family. His eyes falling on Kendo who was gripping the hem of her gown so tightly, her knuckles were pale. His eyes gazed in the direction of the garden that he so loved that were through the hall to his left. All of this, his home, his people, he was leaving all of this to go back to the one place where he never felt safe. He was leaving the warmth of this place to go back to the coldest place in the Kingdom. He was going back to his personal hell.

No matter how much he hated that decision, he had no say in this, Omegas never do. It is always the Alphas or the Husbands that make such decisions. He had hoped that his husband would consider his opinion, ask if that was what he wanted but that was never the case. Katsuki made the decision on his own and took action for it. He wanted to scream at the Alpha and run away and hide somewhere so the Alpha wouldn't make him go but he knew throwing a tantrum will only delay his death not stop it. If only he had the courage to tell Katsuki the truth about his father-

He stopped his thought, even if he had the courage, why would he believe him? He was just a mere Omega and Hizashi was a Duke of a very powerful and rich estate. Hizashi was very good at webbing lies and no one, not even the King who was so perceptive had ever even noticed the truth. Why would the blond believe him? Why would he believe that someone who had only showed how much love and adoration he had for his son was actually beating him behind closed doors? He would never believe him.

He turned back to the carriage as he kept his head down, the very first time in his life did he break his nobility. Nobles or Duchess never keep their gaze down, it is disrespectful to their husbands. But he didn't care, he didn't want to be Noble anymore. He just wanted to be himself now that he was moments from his death. The least he could do for himself was to be true to himself at the end of his life. He didn't care to pick up the hem of his dress as he decended down the stairs. Katsuki had to hurry up and hold it for the Omega to not let him trip on the fabric and injure himself. But Izuku never acknowledged it. Usually he would give a curt thank you or a soft smile of gratitude but today he recieved not even a look. Shoto, Kirishima, Sero and Mina along with Denki were standing near the carriage as they watched the Duchess decend down the stairs. For once, they looked almost angry and disappointed that the Duchess was leaving.