Chapter 16 - Buried in Darkness

It had almost been a month since Katsuki left Izuku in the care of Duke Hizashi

It had almost been a month since Katsuki left Izuku in the care of Duke Hizashi. Izuku was broken in alot more ways than just mentally. No matter how many times Izuku or Deku tried to reach out to his Alpha or Katsuki, they both got no response. It seemed as though Katsuki had shut off his side of the bond completely or he was repeling the mate bond. To Izuku it only seemed like the Katsuki wanted nothing to do with the Omega. The Omega's health deteriorated every single way that it could, it got so bad that Izuku could no longer leave the bed even with assistance. He refused to eat or drink water for the first few days and he never left his chambers so Hizashi could only glare at him and yell at him. The older Alpha couldn't harm Izuku without being harmed himself in his chambers all thanks to Inko's protection charm that was put in the walls. But Izuku didn't even care for his father's words, he knew his death was inevitable so he no longer needed to obey his father. He just laid in the bed facing the other side so his back was to his father everytime Hizashi entered his chambers. He wanted to atleast be true to himself at his last moments.

Hizashi had forced Izuku to let the mages tend to him and try and nurse him back to health. Izuku had contracted an infection after the miscarriage, it was because of his constant state of drop and his refusal to eat anything nourishing. His body was already very weak from the injuries caused by the attack and the blood loss and the miscarriage only strained his body more and then his refusal to nourish his body only made his body weaker and more prone to diseases and infections. The mages and healers had to force the pastes and herbs down the greenette's throat to keep the Omega alive, Izuku had previously refused any of the herbs or medicines that could nurse him back to health. Mirio begged the Duke to send word to the Omega's husband, Izuku needed his Alpha's warmth to pull himself out of the drop. The nesting clothes that Katsuki had packed was the only thing keeping him tethered to the world but they were not enough to keep him alive in the state that he was. But the Duke was rigid and didn't care much for Mirio's words.

Hizashi was getting pretty frustrated with Izuku's antics and tantrums. He didn't want to be blamed for Izuku's death by his husband. He knew that he had alot of mouth to speak to the blond and berate him for not protecting Izuku but if he failed to do the same within a month of Izuku being here, his mask of being the doting and loving father would fall. Hizashi had to command Izuku to eat and drink properly using his sire command. Izuku didn't have the strength, he no longer could try and resist Alpha commands let alone resist a sire command. Izuku was forced to eat and drink again properly and it did work. He slowly started to get better. It took 3 weeks for the greenette to heal and the infection to subside completely. His body slowly started gaining back the weight and mass it loss and his complexion slowly started to darken with life instead of the ghastly pale one his face held for a month.

While the Omega was healing, his father was planning something else completely. Hizashi had come to the realisation about alot of things. Ruby no longer was beneficial to the greedy Duke. Ruby had been targetted alot in the last few years by the rogues and other knights and that had been a good drain on the Dukedom's resources. Given the state of Ruby now, Hizashi could estimate that Ruby would only be a drain on his resources now more than ever. Katsuki had proven time and time again that he was not a very good Alpha and it is under his order that there have been so many attacks on Ruby so Hizashi could tell that he would soon lose the title of 'The Fortis Knight'. A sinister grin over took his face as he pulled a parchment out writing down all he thought. He knew what he had to do now and he knew how to exactly do so. He wrote two letters with the most stomach churning grin on his face. Both of those letters held the key to his bright future. The Duke would have what he wants and now he wants more than just a Dukedom.