Chapter 12 - Instincts

TRIGGER WARNING

TRIGGER WARNING

It was a week long journey to the battlefield. The army camped only for three nights in the forest during the travel. Katsuki wanted them to get there as soon as they could and assess the situation on the battlefield. The journey was long and tiresome for the army and far more cumbersome for the greenette than he would've thought. Now that he had lost his strength, he also had lost his stamina for travelling on horse back for so long. Izuku tried his best to keep up and not slow them down but his exhaustion was quickly shown through the bond and Dynamight was hysterical at his mate's tired state. Katsuki and Dynamight both were extremely cautious and protective of Izuku given everything that the little greenette had been through. He pulled Izuku on his horse holding him close to his chest and wrapped a cloak around him to keep him warm. Katsuki would camp more and let his mate rest but he couldn't affoard to slow down so he had to let his mate rest on the horse.

"Just go to sleep. I am here." He whispered calmly in the greenette's ear.

Izuku felt so warm in his chest as he noticed how cautious the Alpha was with him and it made him giddy. He wanted to relax and rest but he could feel his Alpha's restlessness and the stress of the war which made him worry for his Alpha more. He wanted to be off comfort to his Alpha too. Katsuki has never failed to provide comfort to Izuku so why should he not do the same? Izuku nuzzled his face into the blond's chest the most he could and scented him heavily with calming and loving pheromones. Katsuki's strained expressions did smooth down and he held a soft smile as he planted a soft kiss on Izuku's head of hair. Izuku purred softly as he felt the stress lighten a little and he let himself relax as well. He was happy that he could release some of the tension on his mate's shoulders. He slowly dozed off in the Alpha's arms. Katsuki held Izuku tightly to his chest. He let Izuku sleep through most of the journey, it was better that way. Shoto and Kirishima assumed back the positions of Vice Commanders just for the war so Katsuki wasn't completely alone dealing with all of it.

-

-

-

A month passed by so very quickly for the Crimson knights that none of them even realised that they had been living on the battlefield for about a month. The Royal army as well as a mercinary army was also there along with the other knight orders from the other estates from the Kingdom. Ivana's army was enourmous and powerful but they were still less than the army of Etheral. Etheral's army was very close to being twice the size of Ivana's and that was the biggest concern for the Generals and the Commanders. The King himself along with Princess Nejire who was a mage and a healer also joined the battle and were trying to negotiate so as to not have a lengthy and tedious war. Etheral's King did not want a war either but the negotiations really were tedious and went nowhere no matter how much they talked.

Katsuki and the other generals were present during the negotiations and the tension amoung the armies were only increasing as the negotiation only was getting more and frustrating. Both the Kings were getting antsy and it was easy to tell that nothing was going to get solved by negotiations and that there was no other measure but a war. The last of the negotiations got so heated that the Commanders had to step in to break up the arguments and seperate the two fuming Kings. It was the downfall of negotiations and both Kingdoms could not find a common ground for the negotiation to go  smoothly after that.