Chapter 25 (II) - Light to my Darkness

Hagakure sipped the ale as she laughed at Jirou stumbling into the small mud pool and losing the challenge

Hagakure sipped the ale as she laughed at Jirou stumbling into the small mud pool and losing the challenge. Jirou shook her body to get the mud off her fur and growled as she jumped up onto her opponent's back, grabbing onto his neck with her jaws. The mud fight was one of her favourite fights during the festivals and there was no stopping her until she won. A man who seemed to be covered in sweat and had a dirty torn rag wrapped around his body to shield him from the cold ran to Hagakure and grabbed her arms to get her attention, her ale spilling over from the sudden jerk of her arm. She glared at the man annoyed at the interuption but stopped herself from saying anything.

"Ar-Are you a Cr-Crimson Kn-Knight?!" The man asked. His voice trembled from exhaustion and fear. He looked around and gulped. This only alarmed Hagakure and she nodded firmly.

"Yes, I am a Crimson Knight mage. What happened, sir? Are you okay?" She asked holding the man's arm to stable his footing.

"Yo-You need to warn the Duke.. The Duchess is in danger.. They will attack and kill him.. The Duchess will die.. Please.. get the word to the Duke... I.. They will kill me for telling you.. Please..I can't.." The man mutter in a frantic tone as he kept looking around. He gasped and his face turned more pale and he suddenly let go of Hagakure's arm and ran into the crowd. Hagakure ran after him but she couldn't catch onto him in the crowd of people. She tried to search for him but she never found him. She blinked as she tried to register what the man said. The Duchess will be assassinated? The Duchess.. Izuku... Izuku will be killed. She walked back to the mud fight and picked up her fallen glass and walked over to the town shop where they served the ale.

-

-

-

Izuku muffled his yawn with his hand as he shut the book finally finishing it. He stared out the big crystal glass window. It was slowly getting dark, it wasn't dark enough for him to need candles yet but in an hour it would be dark. The castle was pretty quiet as most of the maid servants were running frantically in the kitchen, getting the food for the grand feast ready. Denki was standing guard out side the library and Kei was curled up in the nest near the fireplace. Izuku sat by the window reading his book and giving himself the rest his Alpha asked him to give. He purred softly as he rubbed his growing belly. The little one was growing fast and now he was more prone to getting tired again but he didn't hate it even a little bit. Having Kei was the best thing that happened to him after marrying his husband, so this little one won't be any different. He stretched his legs and sighed looking outside. The castle wasn't too far from the castle town so he could still hear the echos of people's chatter from the town. He was waiting for Kei to wake up and then he would join his mate again.

But suddenly everything in Izuku's body told him to run and hide. The hair on his body stood up as he jumped up running to Kei and a protective hand on his stomach. He didn't understand why his instinct clawed at him to run and hide suddenly, why Deku was growling at the library door but everything in him told him to pick up his pup and run. So Izuku obey, his instincts never steered him wrong so he wasn't going to question it. He gently picked sleeping Kei up who whined at the sudden movement. He shushed the pup gently rocking him back to sleep. His eyes fell on the door and grew wide when he notice the red tint below it. There was blood seeping from under the door. He only prayed that it wasn't Denki's blood under that door. He tip toed to the desk in the library where his Alpha sat and worked. There was a dagger in one of the drawers. It was bigger than a dagger but smaller than a sword, just enough weight for Izuku's weak body to carry. He had honed himself to atleast be able to defend himself with a dagger in dire situations. Magic wasn't always a good defence as it took a great toll on his body especially after the birth and now that he was with child again. Ochako made it clear that he shouldn't be using magic.