Chapter 6 - Traitor

Izuku leaned back onto Katsuki's chest as the cool breeze caressed his face

Izuku leaned back onto Katsuki's chest as the cool breeze caressed his face. He felt so at peace with his husband. Their one year anniversary was spent beautifully. Katsuki whisked the Omega away before dawn to an Inn on the Northern side of the estate. The Inn was beautiful and they spent most of their day wrapped around each other under the warm blankets just enjoying each other's embrace. It was very blissful but every day has a night and similarly their blissful day had to come to an end and the Duke and the Duchess had to come back to the Elden castle and resume their duties. Izuku still had a relaxed face as the horse journey back to the castle but he stiffened when as soon as the horse crossed the threshold of the castle gates and a knight came running to the both of them to report them of the news.

"Your graces!" A lower ranked knight, who was on patrol near the castle gates came running to the two with a worried expression on his face.

"What is it? Can't it wait till we get to the castle?" Katsuki grumbled. He wasn't too happy about his peaceful time with him mate ending so quickly. If it was upto him, he would spend his entire time until he dies with his mate in his arms. If he had the choice, he would give up all the riches and the knights and his duties and just lead a simple life with his mate. But people's livelihood depended on him so he couldn't just let everything go.

"No your graces.. 6 in-training knights who were patrolling the borders were killed. It was a mascare your grace. Only their limbs remained. There has been no clue as to who was behind the attack.." The knight hurriedly rushed out the information.

Izuku's eyes went wide as his heart beat quickened. Katsuki's face twisted into an angered frown. He nodded to the knight and pulled on the reigns as he rode his horse faster to the castle. Katsuki quickly jumped down as he hurriedly put Izuku down and handed the reigns of the horse to the knight at the main door as he hurriedly walked upstairs to the castle and inside the main door towards the conference room. Izuku followed the blond with a frown. His heart was pounding loudly. The in-training knights were knights he was training personally and had grown attached too. They both entered the conference room to find the other two Vice Commanders already there with a few more knights and the Commander of the in-training knights. They all stood up and bowed to the Duke and the Duchess but the atmosphere in the room was rather grim. Izuku and Katsuki sat in their designated chairs as Katsuki cleared his throat.

"Now brief me, what happened?" Katsuki asked with a stern tone. Izuku fisted his hands preparing himself for the very information that he was dreading.

"Your grace, 6 in-training knights along with a senior knight incharge was patrolling the western village border of the estate had disappeared. We had a search party sent out and after 6 hours, two of the in training knight's limbs were found thrown behind a bush. 7 casualties and there is no clue as to who or what attacked them. It can be magical beasts or rogues." Shoto spoke with a grim expression and a stern tone. His face said it all.. he was angry, frustrated and his hunger for revenge showed in his eyes very well.