Chapter 14 - "Am I that bad, Alpha?"

The carriage stopping in front of the entrance with a soft halt was what drove Katsuki's thoughts away

The carriage stopping in front of the entrance with a soft halt was what drove Katsuki's thoughts away. The reality of what he had to do came crashing on him. He took a deep breathes and slipped his arms under Izuku's sleeping body and picked him up and getting out of the carriage. Every step he took felt like he was walking on glass with bare feet. The pain in his heart was ripping him from the inside but he had to be strong now. No one said a word to the Alpha as they watched the blond walk up the stairs in a much slower pace than he usually walks in. He was dreading every moment he was spending as he walked inside with Izuku in his arms and then up the stairs to their wing and into his chambers. The walk felt like a second to him but it was a while for anyone else.

He gently laid Izuku on the bed and undressed him, changing him into comfortable and softer clothes. He understood that Izuku's skin was very sensitive at the moment and he should be comfortable at the moment. He tucked the sleeping Omega in as he shut the curtains himself to block out the early afternoon sun from disturbing Izuku's sleep. He left the room slowly closing the door. A breathe he didn't know he was holding left him as his body sagged and his head hung low. He took a deep breathe to steel his heart as he walked to his study, his heart pounding against his chest with every step. He locked the door behind him as he stared at the pile of paper work that he needed to tend to. There was bound to be alot of paper work after a war. It was mostly Crimson knights that dealt with the worse of it all so he had to deal with alot of it.

He sat down on his chair as he took out a parchment writing down the one thing he never thought he would. Every word he wrote made him feel only worse about himself but this was needed. He had realised it a while ago but Katsuki let his stubborness get to him. But Dynamight and he both agreed that this is the right thing to do. He has failed far too many times for him to debate himself on this. He stared at the parchment after he finished writing it. He pulled the seal out of his desk and stamped it. He got up as he left his study going downstairs to the messenger. He handed the messenger the parchment.

"Deliver this to Duke of Emerald only." He said sternly. The messenger bowed and nodded. He quickly hurried off to do the task assigned to him.

Katsuki watched the messenger leave, he knew that what he had done would probably haunt him and torture him for years to come but if it kept Izuku safe and happy then he would endure any amount of pain to make that happen. Kirishima stood by the door watching the blond as he could almost read the emotional turmoil that was torturing the Alpha and clawing on his mind. He sighed as he pat him dragging the blond back inside to his study. Kirishima shut the door to Katsuki's study and took a sit and made Katsuki sit down as well.

"What was that?" He asked him. Katsuki looked up at him and then up at the ceiling closing his eyes.

"The only way to protect Izuku and keep him safe.." He whispered in a broken voice.

-

-

-

Izuku blinked his eyes open at the soft knock on his chamber doors. It took him a moment to recall and realise where he was. He had reached Ruby and he didn't even know. He looked to his side to search for his mate and his heart saddened when he didn't find his Alpha by his side. He could only assume that the blond no longer wanted to see him, why would he? He had failed him as a mate and his Omega. He would rather be away from the Omega than be anywhere near him. His self hatred and pitiful thoughts seized when the knock that woke him up got louder. He cleared his throat to allow the person to enter.