Chapter 20 - Questions

Katsuki didn't know what to think at the moment

Katsuki didn't know what to think at the moment. He tried to keep his eyes forward and his arms holding onto Izuku's sleeping body as he reigned his horse faster to get to the nearest town where they could get an Inn. He never thought this is what he would find when he chose to follow the loud growls that echoed in the hallways when he was looking for his wife. He didn't know what he had hoped to find inside those chambers, behind those huge doors but seeing Izuku bleeding out and whipped to death was not even close. It was as if someone wrote his very nightmare and made him watch it as the realisation dawned on him again and again that this was his fault. He had left Izuku with Hizashi to take care of him. He didn't know what was the truth anymore. Questions clouded his head as a sudden shout from Shoto stopped him and made him pull on his reigns. His grip on his mate's frail body in his arms only tightened wanting to protect the little thing from anymore threats. He turned his head to see someone approaching them. It was a lone wolf that approached them with tremendous speed. Sero and Tenya immediately pulled their sword out but Amajiki halted them and jumped off his horse approaching the lone wolf.

"That's Mirio. Calm down." He said in a gentle tone to Sero and Tenya. Mirio ran closer and shifted back to his human form and bowed to the Duke. His eyes stayed on Izuku after greeting the Duke holding him. Izuku softly hiccuped in his sleep and his tears still streaked his reddened face. Miro's eyes darkened and dulled at the same time as regret and guilt overwhelmed him. He kneeled in front of Katsuki.

"My-My Lord.. Punish me. Ki-Kill me.. I do not deserve to live after what I have done." He said putting his head down. Katsuki's brows furrowed as he stared at the blond bowing.

"Why?" Katsuki asked dryly. His voice sounded pained and his chest heavy with emotions but his face reflected none of what his body felt.

"I... I never delivered or tried to deliver the letters young Lord asked me to deliver to you. I am making no excuse. I had tried once and had gotten caught. I didn't wish to risk my wife's health. If... If I had known what young Lord was being subjected to.. I.. I.." Mirio trailed off as his throat tightened and tears choked his words. He shakily exhaled and the earth dampened as his tears fell by his feet. Katsuki blinked slowly staring at the blond hair and looked back at Izuku who was sound asleep in his arms.

"So you didn't know?" He asked almost sarcastically. Mirio shook his head.

"No one did. No one I knew did. I am guessing only the Du-.. Hizashi's personal guards knew. They never got involved with our order. They trained seperate and had seperate chambers close to Hizashi's chambers." Mirio said after thinking about it for a bit. Katsuki looked away as his eyes glossed over for a bit. He reigned his horse and turned back to the path.

"I am not going to kill you. I am going to punish you by making you join our order. Serve me and Izuku with utter loyalty for the rest of your life." He said, his voice was a little heavy as he spoke. Mirio was a very skilled knight and there was no doubt in that in anyone's mind.