Chapter 22 - Comfort

Izuku stared at the empty plates that sat on the table as everything that happened replayed in his head

Izuku stared at the empty plates that sat on the table as everything that happened replayed in his head. His father's beatings, the knights along with Katsuki walking in, Katsuki almost killing his father, Katsuki carrying him away from his darkness, Sero gaurding the door at the Inn, Katsuki being protective yet silent, their journey back to Ruby, the conversation at the main hall with everyone and everything after that. He exhaled a shaky breathe as the thought of standing in the same room with everyone who witnessed his disgraced state made him squirm. It made him physically sick to even think about it. His muscles tensed up but soon relaxed when the calming scent of his Alpha hit his nose. Izuku breathed out more relaxed now as he tried to imagine being in that room again. It was not something he should do. It is something he has to do. He was the Duchess of Ruby and the Lady of the castle. They had the Crowned Prince of Noa as their guest and they were to host a celebration for his honour and to welcome the Prince as well.

"I.. I will be present." He whispered softly as he traced Katsuki's skin on his chest. Katsuki's hand rested at the back of Izuku's neck, massaging his sensitive scent glands. His action was so gentle and soothing, Izuku couldn't help but pur from his chest.

"You do not have to. If you do not want to." Katsuki tried to ease the Omega's slightly tensed body. Izuku purred softly and rubbed his face against Katsuki's chest.

"I am.. okay. I can not hide forever. I have to face everything. It is.. over.. right?" His voice was unsure as he looked up to the Alpha he loved. Katsuki blinked down at him and captured the Omega's lips into his.

"Yes. It is over. You will never feel that fear ever again. I will protect you from him with my life if I have to. I will wage a war if I have to. But you will never go near that bastard again." Katsuki's voice was soft and comforting but his words were filled with a promise, a promise of blood. Izuku didn't need to hear it to know that his husband would shed any amount of blood to keep him safe. That realisation enough was comforting for the Omega and any fear that he felt of his father showing up in Ruby and dragging him back left him completely.

"I love you.." Izuku whispered as he stared at the ruby red eyes that he had fallen so hard for. The corner of Katsuki's eyes wrinkled with the wide smile that was displayed on his face.

"I love you too. And I will tell you that every single day." He whispered and captured Izuku's lips which the Omega was more than happy to let the Alpha do. His arms slide around the blond's neck as he deepened the kiss. The room slowly filling with a mixed scent of both of their loving pheromones. They both didn't want this moment to end. They both only wanted to stay in this chamber, in each other's embrace and be at peace for the rest of their life. But life never went the way they wanted it to and as expected a knock onto their chamber doors made their bubble of peace pop. Izuku stiffened on instinct and Katsuki was quick to soothe his mate.

"Who is it?" He called out, his arms still wrapped around his wife's waist.

"Kendo, your grace. Lady Mitsuki and Lord Masaru are waiting for you in your study. They wish to have a word with you." Kendo's voice was muffled by the doors but was clear to the Alpha's ears.