Chapter 24 - Sulking Alpha

5 months passed by in the blink of an eye

5 months passed by in the blink of an eye. There was so much that the Bakugou family had to deal with that they barely noticed the passage of time. 

Spring was in full bloom and the gardens were covered in beautiful flowers. The smell of blooming flowers wafted through the air with a few scattered petals. Izuku looked up from his book as a pink petal drifted onto the book, a soft smile stretching his lips as he looks up at the warm sun that was hidden by the canopy of the big tree he was sitting under. Shallow rays of the sun peaking in-between the branches. The marble bench was slightly cold to the touch which only added to the comfort of the warm weather. Izuku placed the wooden bookmark in the open book and closed it, setting it down on the bench. He took a deep breathe of the fresh sweet air and sighed leaning his head back onto the bark behind the bench that shaded him from the sun. The calmness of the moment washed away quickly when Izuku heard the familiar howl of his mate. He sighed heavily as he let his bond flow so his mate could feel him again.

"Kaachan.. I am alright. I am in the garden reading the book you gave me." Izuku spoke to the blond through his mate link. Ochako had finally managed to break the spell that was blocking their bond off after an entire week long struggle. The other mages were a great help to the head mage in breaking this curse. It was a rather difficult curse to break but Ochako was determined to get her best friend the happiness he deserved so she relentlessly read every book on curses to find a cure. The cure wasn't simple to find at all, it was an ancient herb that only grew at the edge of the cliff in a secluded northern Kingdom. But Ochako procured the herb and broke the curse. 

"I have told you not to leave my sight, Izuku. Why did you run off alone without a guard? Denki is running wild looking for you." Katsuki huffed through the link furiously stomping towards the garden. 

Izuku sighed heavily rubbing his temple with his index and middle finger. He loved his husband, there was no doubt in that in his heart and he was grateful that Katsuki was so attentive and protective of him now that everything was out in the open. But the blond was driving the little Omega crazy from the last few weeks. He was extremely protective and possessive, he would not let anyone get too close to him and he would not let Izuku leave his sight even for a minute. Izuku enjoyed the attention and security this provided but it was driving him crazy to always be surrounded by so many people. He needed his quiet to read his books and to try and practice magic again after so many months of not letting his mana flow through his body. He couldn't get away from it all, if he went to the library, Katsuki followed after him everywhere in the castle or had Denki follow him around.

"Kaachan... the gardens are inside the castle and guarded by the knights patrolling the southern castle. I am perfectly fine and safe. Stop worrying so much." Izuku sighed and whinned through his mate link. Katsuki groaned in annoyance in response to his mate's whinning. 

"But I need you beside me at all times." Dynamight growled through the mind link. Izuku sighed and wiggled into the spot he was sitting on to get more comfortable.