Chapter 9 - "Perish"

Every day that Izuku wasn't in the castle, everyday that Katsuki opened his eyes and didn't see the peaceful smile of his wife, everyday that he stepped into his chambers and Izuku wasn't in bed sleeping or waiting for him, his chest burned

Every day that Izuku wasn't in the castle, everyday that Katsuki opened his eyes and didn't see the peaceful smile of his wife, everyday that he stepped into his chambers and Izuku wasn't in bed sleeping or waiting for him, his chest burned. He felt so very empty without Izuku but he knew, he brought this on himself. He destroyed the bond and the trust he had established between them. 7 years of bond that he did so much to build between them was now gone and his mate now shut him out and he couldn't even feel their mate link anymore.

Dynamight didn't speak a word after that day. He was quiet, so quiet that it felt like Katsuki was alone, that he had no one anymore. Shoto stayed out of Katsuki's sight and he just kept to himself. Their friends tried to get the dual haired Alpha to come out of his chambers but Shoto didn't speak to anyone. His own guilt was eating at him and he wasn't able to pull out of it. He prided himself over his justice and he almost killed an innocent person, his Duchess. Shoto took his time but after a few months he slowly started to talk and come out of his chambers.

Toga was imprisoned and then sentenced for her crimes. She was imprisoned for 10 years as per the law and was sent to the royal prison. Ochako didn't speak to Katsuki or Shoto after that day, she stayed out of their sight and mostly stayed in her chambers or inspecting the mages. She visited Izuku a few times a month in the Winsor Palace. Izuku did ask her about the state of Elden palace but he refrained from talking about Katsuki or the knights and it was understandable as to why. He wouldn't want to talk about people who hurt him and betrayed him.

Denki and Jirou were out on patrol so they only found out about the horrifying incident after they came back that night. At first, they didn't even know how to process that and realise that their friend was almost killed. But a few days after Izuku left with the previous Duke and Duchess of Ruby, Amajiki along with Denki and Jirou left Elden castle and came to Winsor Palace to stay with Izuku. Izuku was more than happy to have his friends around but after everything, he mostly kept to himself. He was more gaurded now than he ever was. He now knew that he couldn't trust anyone. Izuku had actually gained the confidence to let his mate know of the horrors he faced in Emerald and what his father would do to him. He had seen Katsuki frown alot when he flinched or hid things and he felt bad about doing so. But after this incident, the thought of Katsuki finding out mortified him. He could only imagine the horrors the Duke will put him through after finding out and that thought sent shivers down his back. 

Things slowly fell back to normal for everyone but everyone in the castle, even the knights missed the Duchess's presence. Izuku always made sure everyone was comfortable and they could see how happy the Duke looked with the Duchess by his side. Now that Izuku had left, Katsuki barely came out to train or talked to anyone. He stayed in his study doing paper work and looking after other aspects of his Dukedom.

-

-

-

Katsuki buried his head into the the parchments as he read through the state matters that needed his dire attension. His mind slowly drifting to the beautiful greenette he had the fortune of calling his wife but had the luck of losing him. He sighed as he set the parchments down on the table and his head hung low. He missed Izuku alot, he sent a few letters to the Omega but Izuku never sent any back and Katsuki didn't blame him. But now that he knew what living with Izuku was like, he didn't know how to live without him. He slept in his study, he didn't dare step into their Chambers after Izuku left. He couldn't bring himself to sleep in their shared bed without Izuku beside him. He wanted to visit Winsor Palace and talk to Izuku. He wanted to apologise and talk to his wife and sort it out. He would happily accept any punishment Izuku wanted to give or anything but living apart was the worst of it all. The fear of Izuku wanting to end the marriage was what held him back from visiting Izuku or even going near the Winsor palace. He had addressed his feelings in the letters but he didn't know if Izuku read the letters.