Chapter Twenty-Nine

One may say modesty is a virtue, yet this author is hardly a virtuous woman. It is therefore my great pleasure to announce the news others questioned, but I never doubted. The diamond of the season has made her match, officially betrothed to the Duke of Hastings. The bride, undoubtedly, is giddy with anticipation over the impending nuptials... .an event that will apparently take place sooner rather than later. Of course, there are only two reasons to procure a special license and race to the altar: true love, or concealing a scandal.

Loren watched as Daphne stood before Madame Delacroix, who was currently preparing her wedding gown. She could not deny that the young girl looked absolutely beautiful, and so grown up. It was enough to bring Loren to tears, but she kept her composure. The woman distracted her emotions by her interactions with Anthony. God, she could melt just thinking about it. His hands roaming over her body, his lips against hers... Lord, it was overwhelming. Violet seemed to notice the woman's distracted gaze and spoke up, "Loren? Are you alright? You seem quite distracted."

'Yes, I am perfectly fine, just imagining being intimate with your eldest son' She thought, obviously Loren did not actually speak her mind and instead said, "I am perfect, just thinking about the wedding is all." Loren could tell that Violet was suspicious of her, but the two women turned their gaze upon Madame Delacroix and Daphne, "Your wedding gown is a long way from being finished, Miss Bridgerton. I promise you will not be disappointed." 

Daphne smiled as Violet rose from her seat, admiring the gown as Madame Delacroix spoke again, "She will need a new pelisse too, and then the more intimate items. Four nightdresses, perhaps? Or five?" Daphne glanced at her Mother in confusion, "What could I possibly need with five new nightdresses?" Loren hid a smirk as Madame Delacroix spoke, "They are not for you, ma chère, but for your amoureux. What else do you think a honeymoon is for?"

Loren hid a smile, she had forgotten that Daphne did not know the secrets of the honeymoon. She, on the other-hand, had learned of these actions at a young age. It was no surprise that Anthony had shared the information with her. Of course, Violet was furious, but found forgiveness, for the girl had to learn at some point. Loren realized that soon, Daphne would be receiving the talk. What a joy that would be for Violet.

The woman's thoughts drifted to Anthony again. The two needed to discuss what happened in the study, and possibly continue. And Loren could not wait.

Okay so, I was struggling. The next episodes are focused on Daphne and Simon, so guys, I need suggestions as to what you want to see from Anthoren. Cute moments please!! I will take any suggestions!

ALSO: I have started my New Girl Schmidt story! It is titled 'Schmidty and Me' and I am so excited about it! Please check it out! 

thank you for reading and comment your thoughts!

-Av-