Chapter Forty-Six

As Loren and Anthony approached the doors of the chapel, neither of them spoke a word. The man was tense, unprepared for the events that were about to take place. He couldn't bear to watch the love of his life marry another man. He couldn't bear the thought of letting her go.

  Internally, the woman was screaming. She didn't want this, she never did. Loren could never see herself married to a man like Charles. Instead, she saw herself as the head of the Bridgerton household. She saw herself as Viscountess. She saw herself as the Mother of Anthony's children, the loving wife of Anthony Bridgerton.

In that moment she knew exactly what she wanted. And it seemed Anthony did too, for he halted immediately, causing Loren to stop walking as well. "Anthony, I-"

"Don't marry him," He said. "I can't." The man shook his head, "No, you do not love him, Loren! I know you, this isn't what you-wait, what did you say?" She shook her head lightly before looking up at him, "I cannot marry Charles. He is an amazing man, and so kind, but he is not the one for me." 

Anthony's dark eyes lit up with hope, "W-Who is the one?" The brunette smile softly at him her hands cupped his cheeks, "In vain, I have struggled. It will not do. My feelings will not be repressed.." 

The man's smile matched hers as he spoke, staring at her with a look of sickening affection, "You must allow me to tell you how much I ardently admire and love you." 

Without another word, Loren smashed her lips against his. Fireworks seemed to explode as the two melted into one another, the passion between them building with every second that passed. In this moment, nothing else mattered. 

Nothing but the two of them, their lips dancing in sync as they clung to one another. Loren's hands became tangled in Anthony's unruly hair, while his snaked around her waist, gripping her hips tightly. 

After a few magical moments, they broke apart for air. Loren pressed her head against Anthony's forehead, breathing heavily as she spoke "I love you, so so much. I do not care of our past or the drama that occurred. I want to be with you."

His smile was bright, Loren had never seen him happier. "I love you, Loren Smith. I love you, I love you, I love you." Every declaration was punctuated with a kiss, causing the woman to laugh. It had taken a lot of heartbreak and tears, but everything finally seemed right.

 Anthony was overjoyed. For once, he finally felt complete. This is what he needed, she was what he needed. He had been such an idiot and fucked up so many times, and yet, she still wanted to be with him. And that is how he knew it was meant to be. 

Why else would God have brought them together once again. 

He had her now, and he would never let her go. Not again.

He pressed his lips to hers again, savoring the taste of her.  

Of his lovely lady.

-*-*-*-

guys.

only the epilogue is left!
i am on the verge of tears, this was the first book i ever started on wattpad, and i did not expect all of this love.

thank you so so much for all of the votes and reads! your comments make my day so much better.

also, offtopic, butttt, if you see my latest announcement, i had a dream about rudy pankow playing jack dawson in a titanic remake, not that i want a remake but regardless, i am planning on maybe starting an original titanic story with my own characters with rudy pankow playing my leading man. let me know if anyone would like to read that.

once again, thank you so much for reading, and comment your final thoughts before this book comes to an end.

-Av-