Bonus Chapter: 1

Night had fallen upon the Bridgerton household, the stars were shining bright, Viscountess Loren Bridgerton laid in bed, a copy of 'Pride and Prejudice' propped up against her pregnant belly. Despite having read the novel multiple times, it was the only way to cure her boredom.

What else was she to do while on bed rest? 

Considering the complications that occurred when her Mother gave birth to her, Violet, along with her husband, Anthony, had believed it best to take necessary precautions. While she was allowed to roam around the house with help from the family, at thirty-nine weeks pregnant, she believed it was best to stay in bed when alone.

As she lifted her hand to turn the page, a loud knock resonated throughout the bedroom. Loren, having stayed silent for so long, cleared her throat and called, "Who is it?" The large wooden door was pushed open without a response, a smile graced her lips for she knew exactly who it was. 

Anthony Bridgerton stood in the doorway, his chestnut hair mused, his eyes heavy with sleep. Considering how late it was, Loren assumed he must've dozed off whilst working in his study. "Hello, my love." She greeted. Anthony, letting out a yawn, said, "Why are you still up? It's a quarter to twelve." the man was absolutely shocked that his wife, whose pregnancy had caused her to be exhausted, was still awake at this late of an hour. 

"I was waiting for you." She said, closing the book before placing it upon the wooden nightstand near the bed. Anthony shook his head, a small smile spreading across his lips as he closed the door behind him, "If I had known that I would've turned in earlier." 

The brunet moved toward the bed, wasting no time as he climbed onto the mattress, leaning toward his lovely lady to press a kiss upon her pink lips. Despite being married for a few months, Anthony still could not believe that he had her. 

He was sure that he'd never be able to win her back, but love finds a way, and he now was able to spend his life with her by his side. And he had never been happier. 

Anthony pulled away, taking a moment to just admire Loren in all her beauty, "You are so beautiful." The woman let out a scoff, "Do not lie to me, Anthony Bridgerton." He quirked a brow, "Whatever do you mean?" Loren took a moment and gestured to herself, "This--this is not beautiful," 

Loren had believed that all she had heard about being with child was a lie after finally being in the position. Violet had told her that she would be 'glowing' and feel the best she ever had. Well, the woman felt the complete opposite. Blemishes littered her normally clear skin, stretch marks surrounded her growing stomach, her breasts achy and swollen, she felt disgusting, and while she knew it would all be worth it once the babe was born, sometimes she just felt like it wasn't enough. 

Tears pricked the woman's eyes at her words, but Anthony was not having any of it. "No, no, do not ever say that, my love. Do not ever say that you are not beautiful, for even in this state, I believe you are the most beautiful you've ever been." Loren let out a humorless laugh, "Surely you are joking!" 

Anthony gazed at her lovingly, affection and adoration evident in his eyes as he caressed her cheek, "Loren, you are carrying my child, you are about to be a mother. Yes, your appearance changes, but that does not mean you are not beautiful. I will never stop loving you just because you do not feel beautiful." 

The woman smiled softly, "You mean it?"

"Of course!" Anthony pressed a kiss to her lips, "I love you." He then moved to her cheek, "I love you." He kissed her nose, forehead, neck, shoulder, just small little pecks to show how he truly loved her, each and every part. He made his way down before finally placing a gentle peck upon her round stomach. "I love you, and our little girl." 

Loren tilted her head slightly, "How do you know the babe will be a girl?" Anthony shrugged, "Fatherly instincts I suppose." She let out a soft laugh before grabbing his face, bringing his soft lips to hers. It was simple and gentle, yet so filled with love. 

"I love you," She whispered softly, pressing her forehead against his as they pulled apart. "And I love you, always."

-*-*-*-

i missed writing for these two sm.

thank you for reading and please comment your thoughts! i am hoping to add more bonus chapters soon.

please check out my other works as well if you're interested!

also, i am thinking about starting a dean winchester fic, but i dont know yet considering i have quite a few ongoing stories already.. but if anyone would be interested in reading please let me know!
hope you have a lovely day/night!

-av-