Chapter Thirty

It was official. Daphne and Simon were to be married. Despite having a special license rejected, Simon had pulled through and changed the Queen's mind. Loren could not be more happy for Daphne, for she knew that this was a love match, and that she would be truly happy.

Time seemed to fly for the wedding was now only a day away, and excitement filled the Bridgerton household. Loren found herself very busy, for Daphne had asked her to be her maid of honor, and of course the woman accepted. She found herself helping with wedding festivities, and she was so busy that she barely saw Anthony. Anytime it seemed that they could discuss the events that had occurred between them, Loren was always swept away to help Daphne.

Loren currently was seated beside Daphne upon her bed, pulling the pins from her golden locks. They were in a deep discussion about the wedding, "Do you believe they will enjoy it?" Daphne asked. "Of course, although it does not matter what the guests think, the only thing that matters is that you and Simon are happy." Daphne's mood seemed to dampen as she let out a sigh. Loren noticed the shift, and stopped what she was doing. "Daphne, is everything alright?" She asked. Daphne shook her head, "It's just... Simon... he-he cannot have children."

Loren gasped, engulfing the girl in a hug. She knew how much Daphne wished for a large family. And now she would never have one. "I am so sorry, Daphne." The girl shook her head, "It is alright, I suppose." Loren released Daphne from her embrace. The older woman opened her mouth to speak, but Daphne interrupted her, "What of you and Anthony?" 

The woman quirked a brow, "What of me and Anthony?" 

"What is going on with you two?" Loren sighed deeply, running a hand through her curls, "I-I told him that I loved him."  Daphne's eyes widened, "You did! Oh do tell, whatever did he say!" "He didn't say anything. He merely kissed me." Daphne squealed in response, a smile spreading across Loren's face.  "I cannot believe it! I always knew you two would end up together." 

"Calm down there, Daph. We aren't even courting. We do not know what we are." Just as Daphne was about to make another comment, a knock sounded on the door. "Come in!" The door was pushed open to reveal Violet, and Loren knew exactly what was to come. She rose from the bed, "I shall leave you two alone. Have a good night Daphne, I will see you tomorrow." 

Daphne replied a short 'Goodnight' in response before Loren left the room. She closed the door behind her, and made her way down the hallway. She noticed that the door to Anthony's study was open, and light flooded from it. Loren knew that this was her chance. She approached the door, pushing it open, and she ran right into Anthony. The man was startled, shoving his fiddling hand into his pocket, "Loren-what-what are you doing?" He stammered. Loren was confused, she had never seen Anthony this flustered. 

"I wished to speak with you, but obviously something seems wrong. Are you alright?" "Yes, yes I am perfectly fine. What is it you wish to talk about?" Anthony questioned. Loren was suspicious about whatever was going on with him, but ultimately ignored it, "Us."

"Us?"

"Yes, us. What are we? Are we friends who kissed a few times? Are we courting? I know you do not wish to marry, but I must know what is happening between us." Loren explained. Anthony gazed upon the woman, his thoughts jumbling together. His hand fiddled with the small wooden box in his pocket. He wasn't expecting to do this now, but found that their was no better time.

"Loren,"The woman watched as Anthony took a step back, a gasp escaping from her lips as he dropped to one knee. Loren's eyes welled with tears as she watched Anthony retrieve a box from his pocket. "Loren Smith, I have loved you for so many years, I do not know how long exactly. But I know that I wish to spend the rest of my life with you. I understand that this is sudden and if you do not wish to go through with this-"

"Yes."

"Yes?" Anthony questioned. Loren nodded rapidly, tears spilling down her cheeks, "Yes. Yes, Anthony, I will marry you." The man smiled brightly, grasping Loren's hand as he slipped the gorgeous diamond ring upon her finger. Anthony rose from his kneeling position and pulled Loren into a passionate kiss. The energy between the two was a mix of excitement and love. The two broke apart, Loren sighed, resting her forehead against his, "We must wait to announce this until after Daph's wedding." Anthony nodded, pressing a gentle kiss to her forehead, "I love you, Loren Smith." "I love you more, Anthony Bridgerton."

yay! They're going to be married! 

......or are they? muhahaha

Anyways, so sorry for the wait! School was ending, and I had some issues with my best guy friend to sort out, so good times, you know?

Thank you for reading, and please comment your thoughts!

AlSO: Please check out Schmidty and Me! Chapter Two will either be posted today or tomorrow, so be on the lookout!

-Av-