Alternative Ending

Anxiety clawed at her stomach as she and Anthony approached the white chapel doors. Loren didn't know if she was making the right choice, or the wrong one.

Charles was sweet, not to mention handsome, he'd treat her far better than Anthony had. And yet, her mind seemed to swarm with thoughts of the eldest Bridgerton.

They paused in front of the doors, Loren picking at her fingernails in nervous habit. Everything was moving so fast. Too fast. She was sure she wanted to marry Charles, so what was the issue.

Breaking the silence, the chestnut-haired man spoke, "Don't marry him." The woman's emerald gaze widened, "P-Pardon?"

"Loren please, you do not love him. You barely know the man, please, I beg you to reconsider." A scoff escaped Loren's lips, "And how would you know?"

"Because I know you-"

"That's not good enough!" She exclaimed, her voice resonating throughout the small doorway, surely the guests had heard it, but the woman hadn't a care in the world. As the organ began to play inside, the woman resumed her role, smoothing out her gorgeous dress as Anthony watched in anguish.

"You are no longer of my concern," She said, her voice cold, "You ruined my life once and I refuse to have you do it again."

Anthony's heart shattered. "No.. no, please.." His voice cracked slightly. But it had no affect on the woman, "I've made my choice."

From inside, the wedding song could be heard. It was time. She let out a huff of annoyance, "Go." She spoke coldly. The man arched his dark brows, "What?"

"I will not have you walk me down this aisle. Now go, Anthony." The man wanted to protest, he wanted to scream and shoot, to beg her to reconsider.

But before he could do anything, Loren pushed open the doors, smoothing out the ruffles of her elegant gown as she began her walk down the aisle, leaving Anthony in the dust.

Charles was waiting for her, a bright smile plastered upon his lips. "God, she's so beautiful." He murmured. Benedict, who was his best man, "You chose a good one, Charles."

As Violet watched the woman who she loved as a daughter walk down the aisle, she couldn't help the tears that stung her eyes. Ever since Loren entered her life, she'd always believed that she and her eldest son would end up together. She couldn't lie and say that she wasn't at first disappointed when Loren announced her proposal to Charles.
But seeing the way the man looked at the young woman now, Violet knew that he was the man for her.

Loren sent her husband-to-be a teary eyed smile as she made it to the alter. "Hi." Charles greeted, taking her hands in his.

"H-Hi." Loren whispered, a stray tear slipping down her cheek. She couldn't believe it. After everything she went through, Loren never believed that she'd be here, actually getting married.

Well, getting married to someone who was not a Bridgerton.

But she had no regrets. Charles loved her more than anything. He loved her more than Anthony ever could. She knew that he would treat her far better than any man could, and she was so lucky to have him.

The ceremony went by in a blur. Loren could hardly remember any of it. But what she mainly remembered was the moment that Charles slipped the gorgeous golden band onto her ring finger. His dark eyes were filled with adoration as the priest spoke, "By the power vested in me, I now pronounce you, husband and wife. You may kiss the bride."

She remembered his soft lips on hers, the sparks, the fireworks. God, it was so amazing. That day her life changed for the better. She remained in contact with the Bridgerton family, although her relationship with Anthony remained strained.

Time flew by. Loren bore many children, four to be exact, Alexander, Brigetta, Clarice, and David Baird.

Charles and Loren would go on to live a long happy life together, and they were happy. Loren was grateful to have someone love her as much as her husband did, and Charles was thankful to have his lovely lady by his side.

After struggling with love for years, Loren finally found her perfect match, her perfect life, and she wouldn't have it any other way.

——
back in my ben barnes era bc of shadow and bone szn 2