CHAPTER XIII

He loves me?
He's never told me that before ..
Bleu started waking up.
She started crying.

"It's okay baby. Its alright. Here look what my friend brought you." I said as I showed her the bear.
"Ouu it a bear." She said.
"Yea now you have two bears mama! Now tomorrow we gonna go to IKEA and decorate the other bedroom downstairs for you. That's gonna be all your space. All your bears are gonna be in on your bed , you'll have such a pretty pink bed set. It's gonna be-" I was cut off by Clay coming in my room.

"Oh my fault , did I interrupt something?" Clay asked.
"No , I was just tryna comfort her. I just- I just feel bad .." I said.

Clay climbed on my bed and wrapped his arm around me.
I moved Bleu to wear she was laying in both of our laps.
Her head was in my arm , her feet were on Clays lap.

"You shouldn't worry about things you can control." Clay said.
"But we could've controlled what just happened to my dad. If Demony never had the gun laying around then she would've never grabbed it to shoot my dad in his neck .." I said.
"Did I do something wrong TaeTae?" Bleu asked.
"No-" Before I could finish my sentence Clay cut me off.
"No baby , you didn't do anything bad .. you just did something that nobody expected to happen. But guess what it's okay because me and TaeTae are gonna take you shopping tomorrow and get all the stuff for your big girl room." Clay said as he moved Bleu from my lap to all the way in his.

I was surprised that he did that.
Although I shouldn't have been considering that Clay does have a daughter.
I started tearing as I watched him hold her.

"Clay I love you .." I finally said.
"I love you too .." He responded.

He grabbed my chin and gave me a long , deep , wet kiss.
We broke from the kiss and stared in each other's eyes.

"How about we give her to Ki'moura .. and I take you out to eat. How about that?" Clay said.
"I'd like that .." I said.

2 hours later .. 3:15 PM.

We were sitting at some nice as soul food restaurant.
I had on some Black jeans and a Yellow hoodie with my Yellow Jordan 6's.

"Boy you think you funny? I still beat that girl ass." I said.
"I mean , yea you had the bitch hair while I was pulling you out the damn house." Clay laughed.
"Listen , that bitch had me ten types of fucked up. Throwing drinks at my bestfriend and shit. Yeah and then shit went left .." I said.
"Yea .. I had to lay a nigga out that day." Clay said.
"I was so scared that damn night .. I had never been so close to gunshots in my life. Demony always kept me away from that type of shit."

"Yea that's what I do with Camryn. I keep her away from allat bullshit. I like to keep her safe. It gives me a peace of mind to know that she's safe  even when i'm not around. You know?" Clay said.
" .. Do you like keeping me safe?" I asked as I picked at my collard greens.
"Well ion really need to do much of that , your brother damnear runs East Compton. But um .. yea of course I like keeping the person I love safe." Clay said as he grabbed his fork and took some of my collard greens.

"Nigga I know damn well you ain't just take my food." I laughed.
"Yes I did and what?" He laughed back.

Some girl came up to us.

"Clay." She said.
"Do I know you?" He asked.
"Clay don't play with me .. I haven't seen you in weeks .. I need you for doctors appointment and support .. you know that." She said.

I scoffed and got up.

"Bitch I know damn well you ain't just interrupt my dinner with my nigga!" I yelled.
"I'm pregnant and it his! So get over it!" She yelled back.
"Bitch!" I grabbed my drink and threw it in her face.
"Oh shit!" Clay yelled.

The girl swung on me and I swung back.
Clay grabbed me and picked me up and carried me out the restaurant.
Soon as we reached outside I grabbed his hands and pushed them off me.

"DON'T TOUCH ME!" I yelled.
"Baby-"
"DON'T "BABY" ME! Why wouldn't you tell me! We agreed you'd to stop lying to me! Now your having another baby that I knew nothing about!" I yelled.
"I've been meaning to tell you! I just had to find the right words!" Clay yelled back.
"WHY WOULD YOU LIE TO ME?! YOU JUST TOLD ME THAT YOU LOVED ME AND NOW THIS IS WHAT I GET AFTERWARDS?!" I cried.
"Baby i'm sorry!" He said.
"I've been thru so much shit today and all I wanted was to sit down and eat with the nigga I love .. I can't even do that .." I cried.

"Baby i'm sorry .. I do love you. On my life I do .. I just got caught up." He cried.

Their were literal tears coming from this man's eyes.
I felt bad but I felt bad for me too.

" Clay , I love you but i'm not putting myself thru no more of your shit. I just wanna be happy okay? I just wanna be happy .." I cried.
"Okay , I get it .. no more lies. No more hiding things just- just please don't leave me alright? Your my lightness in the dark when I need you. Please don't leave me."