CHAPTER XLVII

We drove back to the house.
Mylin grabbed Artis from the backseat and carried him in the house.
We went upstairs and laid him on the bed.
I took off my sneakers and my shirt.
I hopped in the bed and grabbed a peroxide wipe.
I grabbed his hand and put it my my lap.
I started cleaning the blood off his face.
He was starting to wake up.

"Tae-"
"Uht Uhn , don't talk. Just relax and lemme clean up this blood." I said , looking at him.

He grabbed hand and held onto it.

15 minutes later ..

I finished cleaning and bandaging up his face.
He only had a few scratches and bruises.
Me and him were sitting in the bathroom smoking vapes.

"Um .. can we not tell Bri about this?" Artis asked.
"Why not? Who did this to you?" I asked.
"Zollo .." He mumbled.
"Artis how old are you?" I questioned.
"15 .. I skipped two grades because of how good I am in academics." He said.
"And how old is Zollo?" I asked.
"18 .. he said he liked me for my maturity. I never thought he'd do something like this to me." He said.
"Listen .. a couple months ago , I was in an abusive situation and the boy that was beating on me was my big brothers bestfriend. It started cause I was in an emotional state and he came and "swept me off my feet". But everything wasn't what it looked like. And the only reason I kept him around was cause the dick was good." I said , laughing.
"It was that good? You was willing to get an ass whooping for that?" Artis asked , seriously.
"Honestly .. yes. BUT .. I got myself together. My last straw was when he beat me so bad that two people that I didn't know for longer than 72 house had to come save me from him. He was just kicking me , beating me , but at the end of the day I thought it was all gon be okay because of the fact that he was still fucking me like he loved me. But to be honest , I didn't love him. He was 22 .. he watched me grow up. Hell , the whole hood did." I said.

"So .. what do I do now? It's like I can't escape him .. every time I try to leave him , he starts the whole sob story on how he needs me and how he's nothing without me and I get in my feelings. Then at the end of the day , I take him back and we have the make up sex and all that but after it all .. i'm still hurt." Artis said , dropping a tear.
"Artis .. right now all I can tell you is to fight the temptation to take him back. Cause listen .. it doesn't get better. I can promise you that. It always starts with a lil choking , a slap , or something but it never gets better .." I said , blowing smoke out.
"But I love him .." He said.
"Yes , he says he loves you but do you feel any of that love when he's beating on you?" I said.

Artis sighed and hugged me.
I hugged him back and held him tightly.
He felt like the little brother that I never had.

2 hours later ..

Me , Ki'moura , Mylin , and Artis were playing spades while Demony was upstairs with Bleu and Najhour.

(Um yes I did change this damn baby .. NOT TOO MUCH ON ME YALL LMAO)

"Me and Mylin is whooping yall ass in these spades." Artis laughed.
"Nigga listen .. i'm a lil rusty at this but me and my bestfriend gon get it together." Ki'moura laughed.
"Yo Moura! Yo son acting like he don't like me!" Demony yelled from upstairs.
"Nigga he yo son too!" Ki'moura yelled back.

We all started laughing.
I gotta admit , Ki'moura and Demonys coparenting relationship is really funny and cute.
I actually haven't seen Demony with any new females since he found out Najhour was his.
And Ki'moura has been lightening up on her drinking cause before she was pregnant , she was a heavy drinker.
I'm happy to see them growing up for Najhour.

"Demony bring my nephew and my sister down here." I said.
"Aight hold on."

Somebody knocked on the door.
Ki'moura got up and got it.

"Tae .. come get this door." She said.
I got up and went to it.
It was Clay with roses.
"I come in peace." Clay said.
"Is that Clay?" Artis whispered.
I nodded.
"What you doing here Clay?" I asked.
"I was hoping we could talk .. but if ole boy here then we could talk another time." Clay said.
"Ole boy gotta name!" Mylin said from the back.
"Nigga your name is whatever I call you." Clay barked back.
"Clay stop." I said , putting my hand on his chest.

Mylin got up and snatched my hand off Clay's. chest.

"You touching this nigga?! Taven stop playing with me! Deadass!" Mylin snapped at me.
"Nigga get your hands off me! You doing a lot right now! Foreal!" I yelled.
"How bout we all calm down? Mylin relax , Clay just wanna talk to Tae." Ki'moura said.
"The fuck y'all gotta talk about?? Tae lemme find out you cheating again , ima leave and ain't no coming back!" Mylin said.
"DONT COME BACK THEN I DONT GIVE A FUCK!" I finally said.