CHAPTER XXIX

"We? Ain't no we Tae." He said as he laid Bleu on the comforter with Camryn.
"What you mean" I said while taking off the shirt I had on and just leaving on Keons shorts.
"Tae you cannot get involved in this shit. Cause once we find who's doing it , we gotta kill them. I don't want you as no accessory to murder or some shit. Fuck around and they'll give you a conspiracy charge. And we can't have that." Clay said as he took his shirt off and laid on the bed in his sweatpants.
"Clay you already know how long i've been involved with the streets. My brother is the Mini- Pin of East Compton. I've seen a couple things. So you'n have to worry about me." I said while I crawled in the bed and laid on his chest.
"Babe , seeing shit and doing shit are two different things. You can see shit and still not go to jail; but it you do something , yo ass gon be in the big house and I promise you won't like it there." Clay said as he snuggled up to me.

While me and Clay weren't together for those three weeks , I did some digging on him.
When Clay was 13 , he went to Juvie for three years on a robbery charge.
When he got out , he was tryna be funny and get with his opp girlfriend.
Which is Mckayla.
That's how Camryn came along.

Clay always try's to keep me out his street drama.
But if he wants me to be with him , I wanna know everything about him.

"Babe you know I love you and um .. I want you to be honest with me about a lot of things." I said.
"Like what?" Clay questioned.

I peeked over Clay and seen if Bleu and Camryn were still up.
They were knocked out cold.
I sat up and hopped up on top of Clay.
I rubbed his tattoos on his chest.
He started rubbing and gripping on my ass.

"Clay when I ask you this , can you promise not to get mad at me?" I said as I bent down and started kissing his neck.
"Mhm.." He moaned.

My lips connecting to his neck , were distracting him from what I was asking him because Clay never makes promises.

"Are you still cheating on me?" I asked.
"Manee here you go bruh." He said as he pushed me from on him.
"Babe you promised." I said.
"No Tae. I'm not cheating on you. But lemme ask you something." He said.
"Anything." I replied.
"You still texting and fucking TJ?" He snapped.
"Clay why would you say some shit like that? That nigga beat my face in. If you cant already tell." I said lowly.

The bruises on my face were slowly going away.
But the memories of it were not.
I feel like I could still feel TJ's foot connecting to my chest.
And for Clay to bring it back , up .. made me feel .. weird.

"I didn't mean to make you feel whoever you feeling right now .. but I just returned a question." Clay said.
"Okay Clay." I said , turning around and laying down.
"Yo you really mad right now?" Clay asked.
"Yup , goodnight Calvin." I said.
"Yo you deadass right now? Bet."

The next morning .. 8:20 AM.

I woke up and neither Clay or Camryn where there.
He had no reason to question me on that shit.
Bleu was in my bed where Clay should've been and the comforter was picked up and folded.
He's tryna be petty but I honest don't care.
I got up and took a shower.
By the time I got out the shower , Bleu was up and crying.

I picked her up and then remembered I had to clean and change her wrap on her leg.
I already knew she was about to throw a fit so I grabbed her pacifier and turned on Mickey Mouse.
I quickly unwrapped her wraps and changed it.
Then .. I got a phone call.
From: Dez🧡

"Yes Dez?" I said.
"Come outside." He said.
"Huh?" I said not fully understanding what he said.
"Come outside , I got something to show you."
"Can I take my lil sister downstairs with me or is it something too grown?" I asked.
"You can take her." He said before hanging up.

I looked at the phone and grabbed Bleu.
I ran downstairs and opened the front door.
Dez was leaning on his car with a bouquet of some bright red roses and huge white teddy bear.
Like the bear was as tall as him.
My mouth dropped and I put Bleu down.

"A bear!" Bleu said with her thumb in her mouth.
"Go get it!" I said , tickling her.

She ran to Dez and hugged his leg.
She quickly hugged the bear.
I walked over to him and hugged him.
He gave me a kiss and looked in my eyes.

"I'm sorry." He said.
"For what?" I said staring back at him.
"For being so possessive. Ion wanna fuck things up between me and you." He said , sincerely.
"Aww that's so sweet. Did Keon tell you?" I said , smiling.
"Yea .. so let's take it slow. I really like you." He said.

Before I had the chance to respond .. bullets rang out.
I heard Bleu scream.
And a car speeding off.