CHAPTER XXXI

Out of Compton??
Compton is the only place i've ever called home.
And to leave it .. wow.

"What? No , I don't wanna leave." I said.
"You wanna die? Or you want Bleu to keep getting injured from this shit?" Demony said.
"No .. but-"

Keon rushed in.
He looked me in my face and just started breaking down.
I put Bleu in Demonys lap.
I stood up and hugged Keon.
He quickly hugged me back.

"Did they kill him?" Keon whispered?
"We don't know yet .. they won't talk to me because i'm not family." I said.
"Where's the doctor? I need to know if my brother is ok."

Keon went to the nurses desk and asked for Dez's doctor.
A black female doctor came out.
Thank God .. somebody who could possibly understand the situation.

"Is he okay?? Please tell me he's okay ..." Keon said.
"He's in surgery .. from what we see , no major arteries were hit during the shooting but a bullet did graze his neck bone from the inside. That could leave him with a horrible neck pain for the rest of his life but right now we are trying to find every fragment pieces of the bullet without him bleeding out. I'm gonna be honest with you .. there's a low chance of survival for Dezmon due to his internal bleeding and the way the bullet separated. But I will make sure to do everything in my best ability to keep this young man alive." The doctor said.
"Thank you so much." I said.

Keon was stuck.
His face expression.
His body was stuck.
The doctor walked away.

"Internal bleeding?! Is my brother gonna die?! Please tell me he's not gonna die! Please Tae! Tell me he's gonna be alright!" Keon cried.
"I don't know Keon .. I don't know. All I know is that me and you have to stay strong for him. We gotta keep it cool for him. Okay? Listen to me , he's gonna fight thru it. In that ambulance , after he hung up the phone .. he closed his eyes for a long time and I thought he was giving up. But he wasn't .. he opened his eyes and kept them open the whole way to the hospital. Dezmons gonna fight this." I said as I pulled Keon into a tight hug.
"Um Tae we gotta go .. like now." Demony said as he pointed to a police car pulling up.

I've always had the fear that the police would take Bleu away from us because of the life Demony lives and his criminal record.

"Um go out the exit on the side and don't go home .. go to Clays house or something." I said.

He picked up Bleu and rushed out the exit.
I sat down with Keon.
We waited for the police to come in but they never did.
I seen the white office on right side just staring at me.
Like he knew me.
The cop car eventually pulled off.

2 hours later ..
I managed to get Keon to fall asleep with his head in my lap.
The doctor came out.
She had a bright look on her face.

"He's stable , we did find all the fragments in his body and removed them. All his wounds are patched up. He should be ready for visitors." The doctor said to me.
"Whew .. thank God and all things above." I said.
"Cmon Keon , we get to go see Dezmon." I said , shaking him.
Keon woke up.
"We get to see him?" Keon asked , stretching.
"Yes , I will take you right away." The doctor said.

Me and Keon got up and followed the doctor to a room.
We walked in and seen Dezmon sleep.
He looked like his normal self.
Like nothing ever happened.
The doctor left the room.
Me and Keon sat on each side of him.

"Big brother i'm sorry .. I know I was supposed to protect you and I didn't .. I didn't do my job and i'm sorry." Keon cried.

The officer came in.

"Um .. Keon James? Can we ask you a few questions about your brother?" The officer said.
"Um sure .." Keon said as he got up and left the room.
"Dezmon .. i'm so fucking sorry bro. I never meant for you to get hurt baby. I love you okay? If you don't think it , I love you. I love your personality , I love the way you think of me .. just-just please be okay." I said with a tear dropping from my eye.

Out of no where , he started laughing.
He opened his eyes and started laughing.
I slapped him in his arm.

"Oh you loveee me now?" Dezmon said , laughing.
"Stop Dez cause that's not funny. Had me worried sick about yo ass."I said.
"Aww you was worried about me foreal?" He asked.
"Yeah .. I thought you was gon die in that ambulance .. a bullet grazed Bleu." I said.
"What?! Is she okay?" He said , tryna sit up.

He stared coughing.

"Dez relax. I said grazed .. she's okay. I'm just tryna make sure you good .. Keons here too. He's just talking to the officers." I said.
"Damn .. I never wanted him to see me like this. How long they said till I can get outta here?" He asked.
"Boy , you were just shot not even less then 4 hours ago .. you need to not be worried about when you getting outta here. You should be happy to be alive cause the amount of of blood coming from your body was not okay."