CHAPTER XLV

I shook Bleu and yelled for Demony.
Demony ran downstairs and immediately seen Bleu's little body laid out.
He quickly grabbed her off the floor and carried her out the front door.
I grabbed a shirt for Demony from the unfolded laundry bag in the kitchen and ran out the door with them.
They jumped into Demony's car and sped off to the hospital.
I jumped in mines.
We drove to the hospital and jumped out the car and ran Bleu in.

"YO SOMEBODY HELP US! MY LITTLE SISTER NEEDS HELP! HELP US!" Demony yelled.

Nurses ran from all of the waiting room to come help us.
Two nurses came from the back with a stretcher and put Bleu on it.
They took her to the back and motioned us to follow them.
We got to the back and the doctor came in immediately after.

"How old is she?" The doctor said , as he lifted her eyelids up.
"She's three .. she'll be four in 2 weeks." I said , trembling.
"Does she have any medical issues that we should know about?" He asked.
"Not that we know of." Demony said , shaking.
"Is she allergic to-"
"ALL THAT DONT MATTER! WAKE MY FUCKING SISTER UP NOW! AND I WANT THE EXACT REASON WHY THIS IS HAPPENING TO HER!" I yelled.
".. Okay. Um nurse , I want two milligrams of oxygen provided for this child and I want a HPLC (high performance liquid chromatography) done on her immediately.
"Yes sir." The nurse said as she walked out.
"Wait , wait what is that?" Demony asked.
"It's a test for sickle cell anemia .." The doctor said , walking out.

SICKLE CELL??
Bleu could possibly have sickle cell anemia ..
How do you even contract that shit??
My lil sister is going thru so much shit and I can't even help.

"Tae go to school , I got this." Demony said.
"No Mony .. I can't leave her here like this. They just told us that she could possibly have sickle cell. That shit is not okay." I said.
"Tae go! I got this .. I got her. You'n gotta worry about her when im here. I know you had to do it when I was gone but im here now so let me be her big brother too." Demony said.
"Fine .. call me if anything." I said as I got up and walked out.

I walked to my car and drove to school.
I got out the car and rushed to my second period.
When I walked in , Artis and Bro looked at me.
I couldn't even focus in class cause I was worried about Bleu.

3 hours later .. 1:25 PM.

Lunch came around and I was walking to the bathroom when Bri and Artis came over to me.

"Tae you okay??" Artis asked.
"Yea .. my mind is just all over the place today. But Bri how was your date?" I asked.
"You sure you okay Tae?" Bri asked.
"Yess Bri , i'm sure i'm okay. Now tell me how your date was?" I said , walking to the unisex bathroom and they followed me.
"Sooo we went out to eat in this nice ass restaurant and it was so fun like oh my gosh I really think he's a changed man." Bri said as she hopped up on the sink counter.
"A changed man?! Bri you know you a liar. Once a cheater , always a cheater." Artis said.
"Hello!" I said , agreeing with him and giving him a high five.
"But y'all I really think he changed .. like he's more passionate then before , he has more deep conversations with me now like everything is different." Bri said.
"Bri just because someone puts on a new face doesn't mean the old one isn't in there somewhere." I said.

"True thatt. But there's nothing wrong with giving him another chance although if I was you I would not." Artis said.
"But hey , if you like it .. we love it." I said.
"Yea .. but what's going on with you Tae?" Bri asked.
"Girl , I told y'all I was fine." I said , fake laughing.
"Yeaa we know you said you were fine but we still wanna check on you." Artis said.
I took a deep breath.
"My sisters eye turned yellow and she passed out this morning so the doctors think she has sickle cell. And I honest can't seem to grip the fact that she could have that at her small age. I keep trying to remind myself that there's no way that me and my brother could have prevented this but .. it's hard." I finally admitted.
"Damn .. is she okay?? Did the doctors give you any more information?" Bri asked.

"No , I just hopes she's okay." I said.
"Well , we're here for you every step of the way so don't be scared to call on us if you need us." Artis said.
"Thank you hoess. But let's get to lunch so we can eat this damn food." I said
"Okkk." Bri said , hopping off the sink and grabbing her bookbag.

We walked to lunch and sat down.
We were eating and talking when a boy came up to us.

ZOLLO KAPRIE.