Chapter-26

Ming's POV

I woke up next to him. He didn't ask much last night and just heard me. We eventually fall asleep. I brushed his hair and smiled when his brows get much more relaxed than before.

I felt my heart get much lighter than before. I was scared of his reaction but he didn't blame me for anything. I was hoping for some harsh words but he just listened and wrapped me in his arms.

"What's going on your mind, cub?"

I blinked and turned to him. He was staring at him with his worried eyes. Sometimes all the things I had done felt worth it. I laid my head down on his chest to hear his steady heartbeats.

Soon his fingers found their place in my hair. His free hand wrapped around my waist and pulled me closer.

"I love you..."

He said those words so effortlessly. I was hoping for weight but it felt so flawless like nothing changed between us.

"Mn..."

I hummed back. He smiled and pecked on my forehead. I kept staring at his face.

"What?"

"Nothing..."

I replied with a teasing smile. He glared at me then soon chuckled. I laughed and shook my head when he nuzzle his nose in my hair.

"Thank you."

"Why?"

I asked him. He cupped my cheeks and look into my eyes before saying.

"For everything you had done for me. I can't explain how much I feel grateful to you. Achara was right Cub."

I had tears in my eyes. I am aware Phana isn't much good with his words but tries his best to soothe my heart. I saw him struggling for four years and now it filled my heart with pride that I could see that happiness lingering on his lips.

I leaned down and kissed him on his lips before asking.

"Really?"

"Yeah.... You are truly our Angel..."

I blushed. I still remember how Achara was used to calling me Angel all the time.

"You must be very lucky than to fall for an angel."

I teased him. He smiled and brush my bangs before replying.

"Then I shouldn't feel hesitate to say that. You must be an Angel falling from the sky just for me...."

"Well, I did fall from the sky for you and my little brat..."

Phana's POV

"I am asking for your brother's hand from you. Will you let me marry him?"

I bow in front of Forth and his parents. Everyone's attention was on me. Even Ming's friends were there. Forth stood from the couch and stepped closer to me.

"What if your parents force my brother into the same hole as Pring..?!"

Forth tone wasn't any near to before they were good friends. I know how much Forth cares about Mint and seeing Minh twice on the verge of death made him so scared.

"I broke all my ties with my parents. They have no right to say who I am getting married to and on my partner."

It was hard to read what he was thinking. Forth looked away from me and his gaze fell on Ming.

"Do you really want to marry him...? We can find a much better man for you..."

That was pretty offensive but I have to keep quiet. I know I am not deserving of an Angel but I'll do my best to keep him close to my heart and happy.