Chapter Ten [ Fire ]

[ Chapter 10 ]

Third Person Pov:

"Is this really necessary? I feel just fine ya know." Y/n said.

"Now, don't be such a child, the king asked for this to be done after hearing what had happened. I'm even a little surprised." Merlin replied, with a little humor in her voice, as she watched the scene.

Currently inside of a medium sized tent that was set aside for Y/n, was a man of average height, Merlin who was standing near a wall, and Y/n who was sitting on the floor shirtless as the man, a doctor checked his body out. Y/n himself acting a little annoyed over the situation having been woken up from his sleep by Merlin. Once again the red head didn't enjoy being woken up by a beautiful face, oh how men would have wished to be in his position. At the corner of the room was Sif, the wolf being the size of a regular dog, looking at her master with a disappointed look.

"I'm amazed, your men told me you had been shot with arrows and pierced by a javelin of all things. Even if it's been two days, your wounds shouldn't have healed... I wouldn't have believed them if your back and shoulder didn't have the evidence right in front of me. Even for your age, you're built larger than most men. God must have truly blessed you, boy." The doctor explained, having been surprised by Y/n, and his lack of injury, aside from the apparent scars and cuts.

Turning his head to face the doctor in question, Y/n raised a brow at his words before scoffing.

"Sorry, but all I've been given in my life is something I've earned. I don't think any gods will be looking out for me anytime soon. But arrows...? I didn't even realize any had struck me." Y/n replied, pondering over the news he had learned.

"Fufu~, you should be more observant, Y/n boy. I wouldn't wish to see you get hurt again." Merlin said with a smile, looking out of the corner of her eye as the doctor exited the tent, the camp being right outside the shelter. Merlin then directed her attention back to the red-head across from her, looking over his body, beginning to ponder in thought.

Still, I must question his quick recovery, as even when he fought Arthur I had to heal him. So, how did he suddenly recover without outside help? For a change like this to suddenly occur in a little over two months... He's human, possibly one with a blessing. But after what you said, that probably isn't the case either... My, I guess I must rule out you ever being a demigod. Merlin thought to herself. Laughing at the idea, as it almost seemed ironic. A man who knows the legend of heroes, being a demigod himself. Smiling, once again there was something about the man that interested her.

"Yeah, maybe I should, might have saved some lives... But, I gotta thank ya. I don't know how you knew, but it seems your nosy attitude actually helped me." Y/n suddenly said, speaking up and getting Merlin's attention as she gained a look of interest.

"Oh, and what am I being thanked for? I'm not sure I deserve such a thing, but please continue." Merlin replied, now interested in what he had to say.

Switching around, and facing her. Y/n looked a little confused himself before inevitably continuing.

"Well if you hadn't told Morgan about my, less than stellar faults. I'm sure I wouldn't have been able to secure victory, at least with anybody aside from myself. That woman, she really saved my ass, I gotta thank her, personally." He said, a tone of appreciation being evident, as he looked to the side.

Merlin, after hearing his words, tilted her head.

"Ehh? Whatever do you mean? Lady Morgan spoke with you?" Merlin asked, crossing her arms. Y/n himself becoming rather surprised, he had assumed Merlin was the one to speak to Morgan. And if she did not, then how did the woman know about his issue? That was something he found strange.