Chapter 40.1

[ Chapter 40.1 ]

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

A day like any other, peaceful and without strife, the sun rose as the moon left. Giving way to a great deal of sunlight, the ever-glowing ball of fire spread its bright light across the entire island as the many that lived on this land rose from their beds to once again meet the day. With snow covering the ground, and dried ice slowly melting off the windows, working today seemed like a pipe dream.

So of course, some choose to sleep in.

"Sooo...warm..." Sif muttered in her sleep, wrapping herself in more covers as she snuggled closer to the master who she was sleeping on top of, having her own personal 'Y/n BodyPillow', to keep herself warm. With a twitch of her ears, and a small smile on her face, the woman who had the makings of a wolf girl, slept soundly in her master's embrace.

Ah yes, the Y/n household was certainly an interesting one. A giant of a man, a lion of a wife, and a shapeshifting wolf. They are probably the oddest family you'll ever meet, yet somehow the most welcoming you'll ever want to know. Yet today, in the dark bedroom that was shared between three, with the curtains closed, letting only glimmers of light inside, there slept a master and pet duo.

"Sif, where's artoria...?" Y/n mumbled as he made little effort to open his eyes, only patting the empty spot next to him with his right hand, keeping his left arm over the woman who groaned at being disturbed. Rubbing her eyes with one hand, the wolf opened her eyes, revealing a set of tired yet beautiful light blue eyes that glanced in the direction of where Artoria should have been...

"I don't know..." Sif annoyingly said, a bit of attitude to her voice as she received a sigh in return while she continued to glance around the room. "She...she said something about getting up early yesterday, remember? ...Now shut up and let me sleep." Sif finished, throwing her arms around Y/n's neck before promptly dropping her face on his chest and once again attempting to go back to her dreams.

Ya know, I honestly don't know whether I preferred her sleeping on the floor or at the foot of the bed...rather than this. Those two are now both treating me like a damn...pillow. Y/n thought to himself, opening his eyes to look at the resting Sif. It had only been a day since yesterday, yet he had already grown used to the new ability of his friend. Normally she would just sleep on the floor, or even at the foot of their bed, but seeing as Sif could now transform back and forth between 'Human' and 'Wolf' form, the woman wanted to try living as a 'human' for some time, at least till they returned to Camelot, at which point, depending on how much she enjoyed this new form, she'll mostly use in private.

Artoria already uses me like a dang pillow when she sleeps...but now there are two of them! ....I guess I should just get used to this, but speaking of my little lady... Y/n continued to think, rising out of bed as Sif let out a whine and groan, being forced to roll out of the way as Y/n stretched his arms.

"Ehhh? Master I wanted to sleep more...ass," Sif said at the end as Y/n glanced over in her direction, she had rolled over to the other side of the bed with a majority of the covers wrapped around her as she gave her master a pouty look, her ears going down as she did.

"Hey, don't look at me like that, besides you got more than enough covers to keep yourself warm. I just want to go see if Artoria is doing anything," Y/n explained with a small smirk as he got out of bed, doing a small yawn as he looked himself over. Dressed in a white shirt that was partly opened, along with a pair of green pants, he was dressed in his sleepwear.

"Fine...I guess I'll just get up too," Sif muttered, sprawling out of bed as the covers that once shielded her form became loose, falling from her body as she stood up with her back to Y/n.