Chapter Seventy Two

Dogs of War [ Chapter 72 ]: Arc Four.

Title: [ The Crimes of Sir Lancelot. ]

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

_______

______________

__________________

___________________

______________________

[ Today I believe even the sun mourns because I have never seen it stand so high, yet feel its light shine so low, as over the entire kingdom, a shadow covers us all. By the day, it feels as if shadows creep ever closer to devouring light. Compared to the beginnings of this land, the bright colors have fallen to shades of black, and I am left wondering, how much longer?

I once fought for this land, I once fought for a king, and I bore witness to those efforts the day we rode through this once glorious white city that shined like bars of gold. A mystical kingdom of legend was formed by her dreams and our efforts to fight for it. We were in a living fantasy. I was a young man.

But now, I find everything terrible to see as the world here grows blacker by the day. We have reached the end of our story, and I stand face-to-face with reality.

I once hated this kingdom, I once hated the idea of serving it over her, and I truly detested everything about it the night I realized it would kill her because she loved it. I once wished to burn it to the ground because I was afraid of what it would take from me. I was horrored by the revelation I would bring about her end along with it. But now...

But now I simply wish to see it over and done.

I hate not the people.

I hate not the country.

I only wish to be rid of it all.

I would love nothing more than to watch my days pass by with my hand intertwined with both of theirs. Merlin. Artoria. I love them beyond what my mere words could give. That if my life could be spent raising the little ones I have been given, that I may see them become wonderful women, and watch as the men I helped raise stay strong and living, my life would be complete. But in this prison, on this island, I know to call my grave, I truly...I truly...

I truly have learned to accept what I have been given.

That under every horror I have been delivered by coming here, no matter if it was by Fate's design or not, I have also been delivered every joy a man would ever want to know.

I sour at the thought that my life has been lived without my control.

I sour at the thought that every mistake I have made was by design.

I don't believe it at all.

My joys, my pain, my grief, and my comfort. All of my life has solely been my own. Even my regrets are mine alone, and I live with them as Atlas does the world, as no matter the burden I shoulder, I must smile. They weigh on my shoulders and they burn my heart. I believe and I do not believe in the force we call Fate.

I am a sword created to protect this blue world. I am a monster on a mission to end Arthur's reign. That is what I have been called to do. That is my fate. I am greater than any Beast of Humanity, yet, my role is to protect and ensure the future, at even the cost of robbing myself of what I-Of what I love, of who I love.

I am the child of Gaia and even the consciousness of mankind. But, for now...My Teacher is my mother.

And if I could have a wish answered, solely for myself. ...It would be to see her once more. But I stopped praying the day I decided to take on everything, I have to make my miracles.