Chapter Forty Nine

Dogs of War [ Chapter 49 ]: Arc Three.

Title: [ "Romeo and Juliet" ]

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

_______

______________

__________________

___________________

______________________

"I'm surprised she went along with her, that girl loves staying clean," Y/n mused, looking towards the front door, a little smile on his face as he heard the voice of Skoll complain as she searched for her sister

"I'm surprised she went along with her, that girl loves staying clean," Y/n mused, looking towards the front door, a little smile on his face as he heard the voice of Skoll complain as she searched for her sister. "She must be doing a damn fine job at hiding if my little hunter is having trouble finding her?" He questioned, a little impressed at the idea as he heard the little blonde shout for Baobhan Sith.

"Baobhan! Next time I'm going to be a hider!"

"That's if you find me stupid! Can't seek what you can't find, baby!"

"I'm not a baby!"

"Uh-huh!"

"Nuh-uh!"

"Then catch me then, baby!"

The day had started quite well for Y/n. He woke the girls up, fought with Skoll over wanting to sleep in, and helped Baobhan Sith put on today's outfit, before making sure Skoll wasn't going downstairs without her shoes tied, a habit of hers. Making breakfast for everyone and enjoying the meal, the father of two let his daughters go outside to play as Skoll dragged the reluctant Baobhan Sith along. Having finished doing some cleaning, the man decided to take a small rest while making sure to keep an open ear out for the girls outside.

Sitting on a small couch while looking over towards the front door, he felt someone sit down beside him. "I believe it has more to do with her affinity for nature than overall skill, dear," Morgan explained as she took her seat by Y/n. "Still, it would do her some good to get outside more, such a bookworm, but I believe that comes from you, right?" She continued giving a smile as Y/n turned towards her, a little too close for comfort as she sat right next to him. But he couldn't complain, he didn't want to upset her after all.

"One journey the plains, while the other sets sail by sea," He replied as the woman nodded in agreement, proceeding to rest her head on his shoulder as he paused for a moment before continuing to speak. "Are ya tired...? I can watch them if you feel like taking a rest?" Y/n offered as Morgan opened her eyes a bit, glancing up at him as she replied.

"I could ask you that as well, lover. But no, I'm fine, I still need to watch Skoll when you and Baobhan Sith leave today," Morgan answered with y/n giving a small nod afterward in affirmation. Breathing in a small breath and letting it out, Morgan moved, smiling as she got on her knees so she could reach Y/n's level. Putting her arms over his neck, Y/n wasn't too big a fan of this position as he raised his shoulders as if to protect his neck, making the woman laugh as he tried to be subtle about it.